"Love Grows Here" Photo Vase
- Metal round vase, 12”x22”
- Patterned papers: red; green; yellow; black gingham; black/white Swiss dots
- Recycled chipboard from cereal box
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint (Plaid): Licorice
- Photos of choice
- Alphabet rubber stamps, 1/2”
- StazOn ink pad (Tsukineko): Black
- Black permanent marker
- Coluzzle items: cutting tool; mat; circle template
- Mod Podge (Plaid)
- Foam brush
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Use Coluzzle tool to cut five to six 2-1/2” circles from chipboard. Before removing chipboard from position, cut 1-1/2” centers for small circle frames. Paint frames Licorice. When dry, use sewing machine to sew several running stitches around edges of frames in irregular patterns.
- Print out pattern. Use patterns to make templates from remaining chipboard. Cut out templates and use to trace petals, leaves and stems from patterned papers. Trace patterns on wrong sides of patterned papers. Cut eight to nine petals per flower frame.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to decoupage papers to vase, spacing flowers evenly apart. Let dry. Use marker to outline shapes on vase.
- Cut photos to fit frames. Glue photos to back of frames, and frames to flowers. Stamp “love grows here” along one stem as shown.