Bunny Pocket Pendant
- White Wool Felt (National Nonwovens)
- Wool Roving (National Nonwovens): White; Black
- Pink felt scrap (National Nonwovens)
- Pink floral cotton fabric scrap
- Felt Beads (Feltworks), four
- Felt flowers, two
- Red velvet ribbon, 1/8”
- Brown embroidery floss
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Off-white sewing thread
- Sewing needle
- Straight pins
- Felting needle
- Rigid insulation board (felting surface)
- Sewing machine
- 1. Print out pattern. Use patterns to cut following pieces from wool felt, adding a 1/8” seam allowance as you cut: two ears; four arms and legs; two bodies. Placing right sides together, pin the two body pieces and pairs of arms and legs together. Machine sew around edges, leaving an opening at tail of body, shoulder of arms and thigh of legs. Turn each piece right side out and tightly stuff. Hand sew openings closed.
- 2. Place shoulder of arm where it would fall on body, then hand sew it in place. Repeat process, adding second arm to opposite side of body and two legs to either side of lower body. Hand sew base of single layer ears to top of head.
- 3. For tail, tightly roll white roving into a ball. Needle felt all sides of ball over insulation board to compress fibers. Position tail over bunny’s behind and needle felt it to body. Poke around entire edge of tail until it is firmly secured.
- 4. Roll two small balls of black roving and poke them into either side of bunny’s head. Use three strands of floss to stitch a v-shaped nose. Make a 1/4” stitch straight down from nose. Form a curved mouth by making two stitches on either side of center line.
- 1. Cut two 3-1/2”x4-1/2” rectangles from print fabric and two 3-1/4”x4” rectangles from pink felt. Place each pair of fabrics right side together and machine sew sides and base, leaving tops open. Place open top ends of fabric and felt pockets together. Make a seam around top to join two pockets. Leave a 1-1/2” opening and pull connected fabrics right side out. Carefully tuck the felt liner inside the outer fabric pouch. Hand sew opening closed.
- 2. Cut desired length from velvet ribbon and sew to either side of pocket leaving a 2” dangle below connection. Sandwich a felt flower and very end of ribbon between two felt beads. Make several stitches through all layers to hold them in place. Repeat to add beads and flower to opposite side.