- Walnut Hollow Chippendale Plate Basswood Surface, 9-1/2”
- Print fabrics of choice, 1/2 yd.
- National NonWovens Black WoolFelt
- Fairfield Processing Poly-fil Stuffing
- Black pebble beads, 6/0, 10
- Black pearl cotton floss
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Drill and 1/32” bit
- Small eye screws, six
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Baby Pink
- DecoArt Americana Spray Sealer
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, pencil, ruler, sandpaper, soft cloth, paintbrush, needle, iron and pressing surface
- Sand plate; wipe dust with soft cloth. Apply sealer. Basecoat Baby Pink. Let dry.
- Print out patterns. Trace birds five times on wrong side of fabric with fabrics folded over to cut two at one time. Place right sides of fabrics together and machine sew edges, using 1/4” seam allowance and leaving 2” opening at bottom for turning.
- Turn birds right side out through opening. Lightly stuff, using eraser end of pencil to move stuffing inside bird if needed. Whipstitch opening closed. For each bird, cut beak and two wings from Black felt. Adhere beak and wings to bird. For eyes, sew bead to each side of face.
- Cut 12” lengths from pearl cotton and sew one end to top of bird. Drill holes at bottom edges of plate evenly spaced. Drill hole in top center of plate. Screw in eye screws. Tie birds with opposite end of floss into eye screws. Vary lengths of floss if desired. For hanger, tie 12” length of floss to top of plate and trim ends.