RSS: Memories of Roses Metalwork Box and Card
- Wooden box with sliding lid, 6-1/2”x8-1/2” (Crafts etc.)
- Cardstock: silver; textured black
- Silver Fanfare die-cut paper (Creative Imaginations)
- Art Emboss Aluminum (AMACO)
- Stamps: Happy Couple (JudiKins); Fancy Love (Hero Arts)
- Adirondack Pitch Black pigment ink pad (Ranger)
- Adirondack Cranberry Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Ranger): Raisin; Raspberry; Wild Plum; Sunset Orange
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator and Alcohol Blending Solution (Ranger)
- Black Super Fine Detail embossing powder (Ranger)
- Fast ‘N Final Lightweight Spackling (DAP)
- All-purpose brush-on acrylic sealer
- Acrylic Crystal Clear sealer (Krylon)
- Die-cutting system and Shapeabilities Symbology 1 die set (Spellbinders)
- Inkssentials Heatit Craft Tool (Ranger)
- Metal ruler
- Paper stump
- 1. Paint all surfaces of box and lid with all-purpose sealer to prevent warping; let dry. Paint wooden box and lid with Cranberry Dabber, applied directly from bottle; let dry.
- 2. Die cut three ornamental scrolls from aluminum. In addition, cut one 6”x6-1/2” rectangle. Using photo as placement guide, stamp couple image on larger piece using pigment ink. Stamp “Love” sentiment just below and to the right of couple; difficult to see in photo. Firmly trace over images with stylus, and then wipe away ink.
- 3. Use ruler and stylus to create decorative diagonal lines across center of metal rectangle, behind couple image. Use stylus to create freehand swirls and squiggles above diagonal at upper left side of panel; create criss-cross design below diagonal at lower right, position lines around “Love” sentiment.
- 4. Turn metal piece over and, working from the backside, gently push out areas around designs with paper stump. Smooth and flatten design from front using paper stump.
- 5. Turn metal piece to backside again and gently fill raised areas with spackling for durability; let dry completely.
- 6. Following manufacturer’s instructions, apply alcohol inks and blending solution to all metal pieces; use blending solution to remove excess color as needed. Let dry. Lightly spray inked metal with spray sealer; let dry.
- 7. Adhere metal panel to lid. Adhere scrolls lengthwise along bottom edge of panel for finished look. Cut 6”x8” silver cardstock and adhere to inside bottom of box for lining.
- 1. Make black side-fold card base. Cut 1-1/2”x5-1/2” silver cardstock strip; adhere to right side of card front as shown.
- 2. Cut a 3-1/2”x5” rectangle from one edge of die-cut paper; use photo as guide. Stamp Pitch Black image onto paper; heat emboss with black detail powder.
- 3. Liberally apply alcohol inks, except Raisin, and blending solution to die-cut paper around couple to create background. Adhere panel to card front.
- 1. To create a similar embossed look, adhere chipboard to your surface and burnish craft metal over the top of
it. Apply alcohol ink all over or just to raised areas.
- 2. Die-cut paper saves you time and money! No need to invest in a mass of border punches.
- 3. Alcohol inks’ transparent color produces wonderful effects on cardstock, but can produce even more spectacular results over patterned papers. Experiment!