Glistening Glitter Eggs
- Wooden eggs
- Acrylic paints: soft pink; light blue; white; turquoise; gold
- Tulip Fashion Glitter*: Purple Jewel; Turquoise Jewel; Pink Jewel; Gold Ultra Fine Hologram; Multi Ultrafine Crystal; Pink Pastel; Blue Pastel
- Paintbrushes: flat shader, 3/4”; round
- Small round sponges
- Scratch paper
- Aleene’s*: Clear Gel Tacky Glue; Glossy Spray Acrylic Sealer
- *Products by iLoveToCreate, a Duncan Enterprises Company
- Cover work surface with newspaper. Pour puddles of acrylic paints on foil as needed.
- For pink egg, use flat brush to basecoat egg soft pink. Let dry. Squeeze a puddle of Clear Gel Tacky Glue onto foil and use clean sponge to dab glue all over egg. Immediately sprinkle egg with Pink Jewel glitter and let dry. Shake off excess glitter onto scratch paper and return to bottle for reuse.
- For pink and white egg, basecoat egg Soft Pink and let dry. Dip a clean, dampened sponge into white paint and lightly sponge over egg. Let dry. Use tip of Clear Gel Tacky Glue bottle to draw desired monogram letter and immediately sprinkle with Purple Jewel glitter. Shake off excess onto scratch paper and let dry. Pour excess glitter back into bottle for reuse.
- For turquoise egg, basecoat egg turquoise and let dry. Squeeze a puddle of glue onto foil then use a clean sponge to dab glue onto solid turquoise egg. Immediately sprinkle with Turquoise Jewel glitter. Let dry then shake off excess glitter onto scratch paper and return to container for reuse.
- For vertical striped egg, use photo as guide and pencil to draw four, evenly spaced vertical stripes on egg. Use round paintbrush to brush gold paint onto vertical stripes and white onto sections between stripes. Let dry. Use round paintbrush to apply glue onto gold strip. Immediately sprinkle Gold Hologram glitter onto glue and let dry. Shake off excess glitter and return to container for reuse. Brush glue onto white sections then immediately sprinkle with Multi Ultra Fine Crystal glitter. Let dry then shake off excess and return to container for reuse. Use tip of bottle to create five dots of glue down center of white sections. Sprinkle Purple Jewel glitter into dots and let dry.
- For horizontal striped egg, use photo as guide and pencil to draw stripes of varying sizes on egg. Paint light blue onto top and bottom of egg with horizontal stripes. Let dry. Paint soft pink horizontal stripes adjacent to blue sections at top and bottom of egg. Paint white onto wide stripe at center of egg. Let dry. Working on same-colored sections at a time, sponge or brush glue onto section then sprinkle glitter onto section and let dry before applying glitter to next colored section. Sprinkle light blue sections with Pastel Blue glitter, soft pink sections with Pink Pastel glitter and white sections with Multi Ultra Fine Crystal glitter. Squeeze a line of glue around White center section then sprinkle on Gold Hologram glitter and let dry. Let egg dry and shake off excess glitter.
- Let all eggs dry completely. Apply sealer. Let dry.
- 1. For best results, read all instructions before beginning project. Use photo as color and design placement guide.
Glistening Glitter Eggs