Needle Felted Bunnies
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam* (Dow): Eggs: 1-7/8”x2-1/2”; 2-5/16”x3-1/16”; Balls: 3”, 4”
- Wool Wisps (National Nonwovens): Natural; Evening Violet; Pink
- Black embroidery floss
- Felting Needle (Clover)
- Embroidery needle
- Round toothpicks, two
- Adhesives (Beacon Adhesives): Hold that Foam; Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- Sharp scissors
- Felting mat
- *STYROFOAM is a registered trademark of The Dow Chemical Co.
- For heads, flatten wide egg ends for head base.
- Dab toothpick end in glue. Insert toothpick into flattened end of egg. Dip opposite end in glue and insert into ball. Add more glue if needed. Press foam pieces firmly together. Repeat for remaining ball and egg. Quick Tip: Place small amount of glue in center only to avoid felting needle from getting stuck in glue.
- Cover larger head and body loosely with natural wool, adding more as needed. Felt around area where head is joined to body. Continue felting body.
- Repeat Step 3 for small bunny.
- Thread embroidery needle with six strand of floss. Bring needle from under head at neck through to face front and make French knot eye. Repeat for remaining eye, taking needle out through back of head. Repeat for small bunny.
- For nose, make tiny pink wool ball and needle felt to center of face. Repeat for small bunny.
- Use natural wool to needle felt 4”x5” piece on felting base.
- Print out pattern. Cut two ears for each bunny.
- Pull thin strand of violet and natural wool. Using ear pattern pieces as a guide, needle felt swirls onto ears.
- Use photo as guide to needle felt ear ends to opposite sides of bunny’s head. Repeat for small bunny.
- Pull thin strand of violet and natural wool. Create swirl shape on one side for bunny tail. Repeat for small bunny. (Note: If desired, Add tail to both sides of larger bunny so it may be positioned differently as needed.)