Nursery Trees Mobile
- Walnut Hollow Pine Round Plaque, 8” diameter
- DecoArt Americana Indian Turquoise Acrylic Paint
- Print and solid fabrics of choice, 1/2 yd.
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Moss Green, Dark Brown
- Fairfield Processing Poly-fil Stuffing
- Brown embroidery floss
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Drill and 1/32” bit
- DecoArt Americana Spray Sealer
- Small eye screws, six
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
sewing needle, iron and pressing board, sandpaper, cloth, scissors, disappearing fabric marker, paintbrush, pencil
- Sand plaque; wipe dust with cloth. Apply sealer. Basecoat plaque Indian Turquoise. Let dry.
- Print out patterns. Trace five tree tops on wrong side of fabric with fabrics folded in half. Cut out, creating two tree tops for each tree.
- Position right sides of fabrics together and machine sew along edges, using 1/4” seam allowance, and leaving 2” opening at bottom of tree tops for turning. Cut 10 trunks from Dark Brown felt. Machine sew rectangle pairs together, using 1/4” seam allowance, and leaving top open for turning.
- Turn tree tops and trunks right side out through openings. Lightly stuff pieces using eraser end of pencil to move stuffing inside corners if needed. Whipstitch openings closed. Cut circular or teardrop leaves from Dark Brown and Moss Green felt. Cut out and adhere to trees.
- Cut five 12” lengths of brown embroidery floss. Sew one end of each floss length to top of each tree.
- Drill five holes, evenly spaced, around bottom edge of plate. Drill hole in top center of plate. Screw in eye screws. Tie floss ends on trees into eye screws. Vary lengths of floss if desired. For hanger, tie 12” length of floss to top of plate; trim ends.
- 1. If you’re feeling adventurous, create sewn birds, butterflies, or other animals that might live in the trees. Follow instructions above on creating the trees.