- Rainbow Classic Felt (The Kunin Group), 1/4 yd. or four squares for main part of body and 1/2 square for contrast: Gold; Orange; Apple Green; Pirate Green; Shocking Pink; Baby Pink
- Poly-fil Brand (Fairfield)
- Coordinating embroidery floss
- Coordinating ribbon, 1/2”, 1/2 yd.
- Black beads, 6mm, two
- Buttons, 1/2”, four
- Soft sculpture needle, 3”
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Straight pins
- Sewing needles
- Air-soluble marker
- Print out pattern. Cut felt pieces as indicated on patterns and use fabric marker to transfer all markings.
- With right sides facing up, pin muzzle to head front as marked. Stitch in place with a running stitch, padding slightly with Poly-fil. Stitch nose with satin stitch.
- Stitch two body pieces together long center line (front). Attach head front to body front at neck edge. Repeat to create the back of the bear, leaving an opening at the center back (as marked) for turning.
- With right sides facing up, place one inner ear on one ear (front). Stitch in place with a running stitch. Stitch ear (back) to front along curved edges. Trim and clip seam allowance. Turn right side out. Baste ear to head front as marked. Repeat for remaining ear.
- Stitch body front to body back. Trim and clip seam allowance. Turn right side out. Stuff with Poly-fil to medium firmness. Stitch opening closed.
- Stitch two arm sections together, leaving an opening as marked. Trim and clip seam allowance. Turn right side out. Stuff with Poly-fil to a medium firmness. Stitch opening closed. Repeat for remaining arm.
- With soft sculpture needle, stitch arms in place having buttons placed at outside of arms. Stitch side to side through body, arms and buttons several times, keeping the thread snug. Fasten final stitch securely on inside of one of the arms.
- Repeat Steps 6 and 7 to create and attach legs.
- Stitch one food pad to left foot using a running stitch. Repeat for right foot.
- Stitch beads on place for eyes, using black sewing thread.
- Tie bow around neck. Trim ends to desired length.
- 1. Use 1/4” seam allowance throughout with right sides facing, unless otherwise indicated. Use two strands of floss for running stitch and three strands for stain stitches.