Bats Table Runner
- Cotton sateen solid fabric: orange, 1/2 yd.; black, 5/8 yd.
- Black beaded fringe, 1 yd.
- The Warm Co. Warm & White Needled Cotton Batting
- Black embroidery floss
- Sewing machine and black thread
- Needles: embroidery, sewing
- Iron-on adhesive
scissors, transfer paper, iron and ironing board, straight pins
- 1. Pin and press fabric as needed. Use two strands of black floss for all blanket and stem stitching.
- 1. Print out pattern. Cut 16-1/2”x40-1/2” rectangle from orange fabric. Transfer swirls symmetrically onto opposite corners of rectangle, omitting bats.
- 2. Cut iron-on adhesive slightly larger than six bats. Fuse adhesive to back of black fabric. Cut six bats from fused fabric. Remove backing. Fuse bats to orange rectangle between swirls, following pattern.
- 3. Blanket stitch around bats and stem stitch swirls.
- 4. Cut 16-1/2”x40-1/2” rectangle from batting. Baste batting rectangle onto back of orange rectangle.
- 5. Cut 16-1/2”x40-1/2” rectangle from black fabric. Sew black and orange rectangles together with right sides facing, 1/4” from edges, leaving 7” opening along one short end for turning. Trim corners; turn right side out through opening. Sew opening closed.
- 6. Cut two lengths from beaded fringe 1/2” longer than short sides. Fold cut ends of fringe over 1/4” onto back. Sew beaded trim across short ends of orange rectangle.
- 1. Substitute black beaded fringe with eyelash yarn, rick rack, or other trims.