Spiced Cocoa Set
- Beige coffee mug
- Recycled glass jar
- Wooden acorn finial, 7/8”
- FolkArt Paints (Plaid): Enamels: Coffee Bean; Acrylics: Pure Black; Titanium White
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Flat Back Crystals (Swarovski), 8mm, four
- White cheesecloth
- Kitchen twine
- Brown laced seam binding, 1/2 yd.
- Beige cardstock
- Ingredients: peppermint candies; cinnamon sticks; whole nutmeg; cocoa mix
- Brown chalk ink
- Waterbased Varnish (Plaid)
- Simply Stamps (Plaid): Floret
- Paper trimmer
- Hole punch
- Corner rounder
- Computer and printer
- To make cocoa bundles, crush peppermint candies with a kitchen mallet. Chop whole nutmeg with knife and break cinnamon sticks into 2” to 3” lengths. Cut 8” squares from cheesecloth. Center peppermint candy, one cinnamon stick and one chopped nutmeg into two squares. Tie up edges in kitchen twine cut to 6” lengths. Create enough bundles to fill mug as desired.
- Place enamel paint on surface. Roll brayer over paint several times to coat. Roll coated brayer onto foam stamp. Stamp three to four times on surface of paint. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to cure paint in oven. Let dry.
- When dry, glue gems in center of each stamped shape. Lie mug on side and let each stone set for 5-10 minutes before rotating.
- Paint jar lid Pure Black. When dry, dry brush lid Titanium White. Apply varnish. Paint finial Titanium White. Glue gem to center top of finial and finial to top of jar.
- Cut 4”x12” rectangle from cheesecloth. Wrap around jar and secure with seam binding, tying bow in front. Print instructions for bundles and cocoa on beige card stock. Use paper trimmer to trim 3”x4” rectangle around text. Round corners and ink edges. Punch hole at top left corner and insert seam binding end through hole and tie bow. Carefully fill jar with purchased or homemade cocoa. (Note: For cocoa recipes, visit www.recipegoldmine.com.)
- 1. In a large saucepan, blend 1/3 cup sugared cocoa mix with 4 cups of milk and one cocoa spice bundle. Stir constantly over medium heat until hot, without boiling. Makes 4 cups. Recipe courtesy of www.recipegoldmine.com.
Spiced Cocoa Set