Beignet Gift Set
- Recycled quart jar
- Gingham dishtowels with scalloped lace edging, two
- White muslin, 1/4 yd.
- FolkArt Acrylic Colors (Plaid): Pure Black Metallics
- Ribbon: black grosgrain with white stitching, 1”-wide, 2 yds.; black gingham, 7/8”-wide, 8” length
- Light gray silver lined pebble beads (Darice): 6/0; 11/0
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements Flat Back Crystals (Swarovski), 5mm, two
- White cardstock
- Rubber stamps: rooster; “merci”; “meilluers voeux” (best wishes) or other French phrases; 1 in ornamental typeface; 1/2” italics
- Simply Foam Stamps (Plaids): Fleur De Lis
- Black pigment ink
- FolkArt Waterbased Varnish (Plaid)
- Lite Steam-a-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Paper punches: tag; hole
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Sewing needle and black thread
- Beading needle and thread
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Paint jar lid Black. Apply varnish.
- 2. Cut a 3-1/2”x4-1/2” rectangle from the muslin. Use the black pigment ink pad, rooster stamp and sentiment to stamp meotifs in center of fabric. Heat set ink with warm iron. Cut two 5” and two 3-3/4” ribbon lengths and glue to muslin edges.
- 3. Sew pebble beads to ribbon edges, approximately 1/2” apart. Sew seed beads to image in random areas. Glue two flat crystals above sentiment.
- 4. Fill jar with contents (see recipe). Glue muslin to center of jar. Punch tag from cardstock. Stamp “beignet mix” on tag. Punch a hole in tag and tie around jar.
- 1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse muslin to webbing. Cut a 4-1/2”x5-1/2” rectangle from fused muslin. Use black ink to stamp Fleur de lis and sentiment on muslin. Use iron to fuse square to center of towel and heat set ink.
- 2. Cut two 5-1/2” and two 6” lengths from ribbon. Glue fabric to edges of motif.
- 3. Sew a running stitch to center of ribbon border.
- 4. Sew pebble and seed beads to Fleur de lis image on towel.
- 5. For the rooster towel, repeat steps 1 through 3 but use rooster image, merci stamp and eraser end of pencil to form dots around image.
Beignet Gift Set