Bird Resin Pendant Jar
- Glass quart jar
- Patera items (Nunn Design): Antique Copper: Grande Pendant Circle; Vetri Beaded Oval, 14mm; Small Hammered Flat Cable Chain, 16” length; Hook and Eye Clasps; Large Jump Rings, three; Small Jump Ring. Collage Birds Transfer Sheet; Mini Leaf Rubber Stamp; Gel du soleil UV Resin; UV Lamp; Sealant
- Pearl white acrylic paint
- Blue solvent-based ink pad
- Striped ribbon
- Small paintbrush
- No-fray solution
- Jewelry pliers
- Paint inside of Grande Circle Pendant with two coats of pearl white, letting paint dry between coats. Let dry.
- Cut square blackbird image from transfer sheet. Drop bird image into bowl of water; let soak for approximately 40 seconds. Remove from water. Slide top, filmy portion of transfer away from its paper backing. Apply filmy portion (face up) to center of painted circle pendant. Gently press down on top of image with paper towel to remove excess water. Let dry.
- Pour a thin layer of Gel du Soleil UV Resin into circle pendant. Make sure resin flows to all edges of pendant. If needed, pop any air bubbles in resin with a straight pin. Place filled pendant under UV lamp and let cure for 20 minutes. Repeat process, adding two to three more layers to achieve desired doming effect. Make sure to thoroughly cure each layer under UV lamp.
- Use blue ink to stamp Mini Leaf image onto Beaded Oval. Let dry. Brush a thin layer of sealant over stamped image. Let dry. Attach the oval to the bottom loop of the circle pendant using the small jump ring.
- Attach a large jump ring to the top loop of the circle pendant. Thread the hammered flat chain through jump ring. Attach a large jump ring to each end of hammer flat chain. Attach a hook clasp to one jump ring. Attach the 3” length of large chain to the remaining jump ring.
- Using photo as guide, thread ribbon through jump ring at top of circle pendant. Pull ribbon ends through jump rings at either end of hammered chain. Adjust ribbons to same length of hammered chain, and pull ribbon ends through jump rings. Knot each ribbon end to secure ribbon to chain. Dab knotted ribbon area with no-fray solution and let dry. Trim dry ribbon ends close to knots.
- Tie pendant around neck of jar. Fill jar as desired.
Bird Resin Pendant Jar