Kiss Me I'm Irish
- DMC 14-count Aida, 8"x8"
- DMC: 6-strand Embroidery Floss, Satin Floss, Light Effects
- Lining fabric, 8"x8"
- Flat gold braid, 3/16"-wide, 1/4 yd.
- Gold cording, 1/2 yd.
- Gold metal bell pull hardware, 5"
- Backstitch:: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch:: >2 strands
needle, scissors, measuring tape
- Stitch design centered on fabric using two strands floss.
- Backstitch words with one strand 938 and shamrock stems with one strand 163.
- Trim design to 5-1/2"x7". Measure and mark 1" from bottom edge on both sides. Mark bottom center. Draw lines from markings to bottom center; cut out along lines.
- Measure and cut two 3" lengths of gold braid. Fold lengths in half and baste cut edges onto top edge of cloth, 1/2" from each side.
- Measure and cut lining fabric same-size as Aida cloth. With wrong sides together and using 1/4" seam allowance, sew lining fabric onto Aida cloth, leaving opening for turning at top center. Turn. Press. Whipstitch opening closed.
- Tie gold cording onto ends of bell pull hardware to hang.