Give Thanks Everyday
- 13”x13” Ivory 28-count Jobelan (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Buttons (2212L, 2275T) (Just Another Button Co.)
- Mill Hill Antique Glass Seed Bead (03024) (Wichelt Imports, Inc.)
- Finishing Supplies are as follows:
- 12”x12” Muslin
- 12”x12” Cotton Backing Fabric
- 12”x12” Batting
- 1/2” yd. Cotton Fabric
- 16” Branch
- Three 1” Wooden Buttons
- Backstitch/Straight Stitch: >2 strands
- Blended Needle: >1 strand each color
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- Smyrna Cross: >2 strands
- Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. (Note: Backstitch all cross-stitched flowers after sandwiching fabrics. Attach buttons and beads after sandwiching.)
- To finish, sandwich stitched fabric with batting and muslin. Baste near edge through all three layers.
- After sandwiching, backstitch flowers and attach buttons and beads.
- Cut 2-1/2”-wide strips from cotton fabric. Draw pencil lines 1-1/4” outside stitched area on stitched piece. Add backing fabric to back of sandwiched piece, right side down. Place 2-1/2” strip on drawn line on top of stitching, right sides together and sew using 1/4” seam allowance.
- Repeat same technique for bottom and sides.
- Trim batting, muslin, and backing 1/4” beyond finished top on all sides.
- Cut 2-1/4” strips of cotton fabric length as needed for binding; bind.
- For tabs, cut three 6”x4-1/4” strips, sew to make tab and attach to back. Attach tab to front using 1” wooden button.