Sentiments of Love: Love is a Beautiful Thing
- DMC 14-count White Aida
- DMC: Memory Thread, Pearl Cotton 5, 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- DMC: #22 tapestry needle, #10 embroidery needle
- DMC embroidery scissors
- Backstitch:: >1 strand
- Half-stitch:: >1 strand
- Half cross-stitch design centered on fabric. Backstitch lettering. Secure and clip loose ends on back of design.
- Following Memory Thread placement lines on chart, place length of Memory thread on top of stitched design to estimate the length of thread needed for each design element; add 1” to measured length. Cut length.
- Using tapestry needle, insert needle into beginning hole in Aida cloth; gently enlarge hole and insert one end of Memory Thread into hole. Repeat process for other end.
- Hold Memory thread in place and couch it onto surface of Aida cloth using 1 strand floss. Secure Memory Thread ends on back of design with floss; clip excess threads. Repeat until all stems, flowers, and swirls are couched into place.