Make Everyday a Picnic Pillow
- 11”x12” White 28-count Cashel Linen (Zweigart)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Backstitch: >2 strand or as indicated in key
- Chain Stitch: >2 strands
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- 1. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads. NOTE: Table, basket and grill are backstitched with two strands.
- 1. Cut finished design with a 3” border around all sides. From decorator fabrics, cut 2 strips 5”x45”. Sew narrow ends of strips right-sides together to form one long strip 5”x90”. With wrong sides together, using 1/2” seam allowance, sew strip to form a 2-1/2”x90” strip and gather forming a ruffle. Sew decorative cording on top of gathered strip, raw edges even. Measure 1-1/2” from finished design and with right sides together, attach ruffle overlapping ends. Finish using favorite pillow directions.