Over the Rainbow Wreath
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 12” wreath
- Yarn: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- Green felt
- Small wooden disks, 14
- Black fabric, 3”x5”
- Gold cord, 6” length
- Green print ribbon, 1”x24”
- Fiberfil stuffing, small amount
- Black thread
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Gold paint
- Gold glitter
- Clear glaze
- Thick craft glue
- Low temperature glue gun and sticks
scissors, pencil, marker, tape measure, iron
- Measure and mark twelve equal sections around wreath, making marks on outer and inner edges. Connect markings with pencil or marker, creating 12 stripes.
- Wrap rainbow colors of yarn around wreath in following order: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple. Wrap yarn tightly to cover foam wreath; where necessary, wrap backwards to fill in exposed areas. Repeat filling in all sections. (Note: Wind skein into a ball so that it easily clears center of wreath.)
- Paint 14 small wooden disks gold; while still wet, sprinkle with gold glitter. Gently pat glitter into paint so it adheres. Let dry. Apply clear glaze on each disk to enhance shine and hold glitter in place.
- Print out pattern. Fold each shamrock petal in half; iron crease at top.
- Fold and sew 3”x5” black fabric to form small bag; stitch 1/4” hem along bottom and side using needle and thread or sewing machine. Turn bag right side out. Turn top edge down 1/4” towards inside; iron. Hand gather bag slightly with basting stitch; knot. Place small amount fiberfil stuffing into bottom of bag. Slightly form bag into slumped position. Secure shape with small stitches.
- Tie gold cord around top of bag. Glue gold coins around top of bag. Glue bottom of bag to inner edge of wreath using glue gun. Glue shamrocks on either side of bag with some coins tumbling out of bag.
- Tie bow using 16” length of green ribbon; glue bow on front of wreath. Tie ends of remaining ribbon together; glue and pin on back of wreath (for hanger).