Celtic Knot Bread Towel
- Green cotton fabric, 5”x10”
- Woven natural muslin, 5”x10”
- Recycled flour sack or bleached muslin, 16”x26”
- Off-white sewing thread
- Sewing machine
- Glue stick
cardstock scrap, straight pins, fabric scissors, pencil, iron and ironing board
- 1. Print out pattern. Glue pattern onto cardstock scrap for template. Trace template onto back side of green print material. Use fabric scissors to cut out pattern.
- 2. For towel, press recycled flour sack or bleach muslin rectangle. Press 1/2” hem on longest edges. Open up pressed hem and fold edges in toward crease. Fold on crease and press again. Use medium-length straight stitch to stitch hem on long edges of towel.
- 3. Press 1” hem on short ends. Open up pressed hem and fold edges in toward crease. Fold on crease and press again. Use medium-length straight stitch to stitch hem on short edges of towel.
- 4. Press nubby muslin rectangle. Apply small amount of glue stick onto green pattern piece. Press onto muslin. Use medium-length, medium-sized zigzag stitch to stitch around edges of entire piece to appliqué.
- 5. Using same stitch, stitch around each hole in design so all edges have been appliquéd to muslin rectangle.
- 6. Position appliquéd piece approximately 2” from bottom edge of towel. Use straight pins to hold in place. Use short-length, wide-sized zigzag stitch to stitch around entire appliquéd piece to appliqué onto towel. Press entire piece to finish.