- 17”x16” White 14-count Aida (DMC)
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- 3/8 yd. decorative fabric
- Stitch design centered on fabric.
- Trim stitched Aida 13 squares from stitched border.
- Cut four strips of decorative cotton fabric 2” x 15”. Sew one strip to each side of design nine squares from stitched border; trim fabric even with edge of Aida.
- Sew one strip to top and one to bottom of design nine squares from stitched border extending across fabric sewn to sides. NOTE: Use 1/4” seam allowance.
- Make a fabric sandwich placing stitched piece right-side up, batting, and backing fabric wrong-side facing batting. Sew around all four sides leaving a 3” opening at bottom. Turn right-side out; press. Stitch opening closed.