Valentine Hearts Tea Towels
- White cotton dishtowels, two
- Various cotton-print fabrics
- Rick rack
- Embroidery floss and needle
- Ellison Sizzix BIGkick or Big Shot Machine and Dies: Heart Scallop with Roses by Scrappy Cat (657419); Frame Doily by Scrappy Cat (657415)
- Sewing machine and thread
- Fusible interfacing, 1 pkg.
iron, measuring tape or ruler, scissors
- Cut fabric rectangle same-size as length of shortest side of towel plus 1” and width plus 1”. Fold edges under 1/2” and press. Pin strip onto towel bottom making sure fabric does not extend past length and width of towel.
- Pin rick rack in place along top edging and fold ends on back. Topstitch rick rack onto all four sides of towel.
- Apply fusible webbing onto various cotton print fabrics. Die-cut Doily and Heart from fabrics. Trim Doily Frame circle to fit into Doily Frame.
- Handwrite sentiment on Frame center. Use backstitch to embroider sentiment. Adhere Doily and Doily center, Heart Scallop, and Heart center onto towels by peeling back fusible webbing and positioning image on tea towel. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse onto towels.
- Stitch around Doily and Heart using straight stitch. Use sewing machine and zigzag stitch to appliqué circle onto Doily and outline on inner Heart.