Winters Butterfly Wall Hanging
- Sculpey Pluffy clay, 6 pkgs.: White
- Wooden framed board, 18"x5"
- Green cardstock with white core, 8"x12"
- Hampton Art Mini Flip Flops Clear Stamp Set: Nature
- Inkadinkado Clear Stamps: Snowflakes-A-Plenty; Dawn Houser (8347-Y)
- Autumn Leaves Stampology Rhonna Farrer: Flourishes v2
- Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser
- Color Box Pigment Stamp Pad: Frost White
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Walnut Stain
- Anita's Acrylic Craft Paint: Espresso Bean, Baby Blue, Lime, Pumpkin
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint: Primary Yellow, Snow White
- Plaid FolkArt Acrylic Color: Fresh Foliage
- Plaid Mod Podge: Matte
- Acrylic roller or clay-dedicated rolling pin
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Computer and printer
- Eclectic Products E6000 Adhesive
- Foam adhesive squares
parchment paper, large flat baking pan, large utility paintbrush, craft knife, small detail paintbrush, newspapers, acrylic roller, scissors, ruler
- On covered work surface, paint wooden frame Espresso Bean. Let dry. Apply one coat Mod Podge; let dry completely.
- Line wooden frame with parchment paper. Push enough White clay into frame to cover length of frame starting at top and going two-thirds of way down. Leave some texture to look like clouds. Thin out clay thickness along bottom length.
- Press flourishes and snowflake stamps randomly into clay. (Note: Clean stamps immediately.)
- Roll out remaining White clay with acrylic roller to 1/4" thickness and press deer and tree stamps into clay. Trim around shapes leaving 1/4" along edges. Smooth edges.
- Carefully remove snowflake background from wooden frame and position on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to bake background, deer, and trees in oven. Let cool completely.
- Cut green cardstock into random hill shapes. Distress top edges with edge distresser. Stamp handwriting background and small snowflake with Frost White ink; let dry completely.
- Paint sky background with Baby Blue using fingertips and rubbing away excess paint. (Note: Do not let paint seep into snowflakes and wind swirls.)
- Paint tree tops with Fresh Foliage and Lime and trunks with Espresso Bean.
- Paint deer two-toned with Espresso Bean and mixture of Primary Yellow and Pumpkin, and mixture of Espresso Bean and Primary Yellow for darker fur. Highlight nose, eye, and mouth with Espresso Bean.
- Print quote "Snowflakes are winter's butterfly." in 24 pt. - 20 pt. Mr. Wade font (KevinandAmanda.com/fonts). Trim paper and distress with Walnut Stain on edges.
- Assemble hanging using E6000 glue. Use foam squares to support layers on hills and quote adding dimension.