Sweet Gingerbread Delights
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique White, Black Plum, Burnt
Umber, Desert Sand, Grey Sky,
Hauser Medium Green, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Petal Pink, Plantation
Pine, Raw Sienna, Rookwood Red,
Santa Red, Shale Green, Snow
(Titanium) White, Yellow Ochre
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Majestic: Shader, Series R4150, #4,
#8, #10; Script Liner, Series R4585, #10/0; Angular, Series R4160, 1/4", 3/8"; Filbert Stencil Brush, Series R1114, Small, Medium;
Kingslan Magnificent Mop, Series
- DecoArt Americana Fabric Painting
- Muslin fabric, 6"x22"
- Dish towel of choice
- Sewing machine and matching
- 1. All line work is done using script
liner. Use angular brushes for all
floating and highlighting; soften water's edges with mop brush. All dry brushing is done using filbert stencil brushes.
- 1. Print out pattern; center and transfer
basic pattern lines onto muslin,
approximately 5" from one short end.
(Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Note: Follow manufacturer's directions
to mix Fabric Medium with acrylic paints.
Gingerbread Bakery Chef
- 1. Base head, body, and hands Honey Brown; shade Burnt Umber and highlight Yellow Ochre. Dry brush areas Yellow Ochre.
- 2. Line icing Lt. Buttermilk. Use Burnt
Umber to shade behind icing edges and along bottom and sides of nose along outside edges. Float Yellow Ochre along top edge of nose; brighten with a touch of Lt. Buttermilk.
- 3. Base eyes Lamp Black. Shade Burnt Umber behind eyes. Use Lt. Buttermilk to shade left side of eyes; add highlight dots. Line lashes Lamp Black. Dry brush
cheeks Petal Pink; highlight dot each Lt. Buttermilk. Line mouth Burnt Umber. Float Yellow Ochre above mouth and shade Burnt Umber below. Line eyebrows and chin Burnt Umber.
- 4. Base hat Lt. Buttermilk; use Grey Sky to shade bottom edges and fold lines, and use Snow White to highlight top edges. Dry brush hat Snow White. Base holly leaves Hauser Med. Green; shade bottom of leaves Plantation Pine and
highlight top of leaves Santa Red. Line veins Plantation Pine. Base berries Santa Red; shade Black Plum along bottom edges and highlight top edges Lt. Buttermilk. Line pine needle branches Hauser Med. Green; line pine needles Hauser Med. Green and Shale
Green. Dot berries Santa Red.
- 1. Base wood area Raw Sienna; shade Burnt Umber along bottom and highlight Honey Brown along top. Add Burnt Umber wood grain lines. Base handle Rookwood Red; shade Black Plum along left side and
highlight Santa Red along right. Dry
brush Lt. Buttermilk highlight.
Small Gingerbread Cookies
- 1. Base Honey Brown; shade Burnt Umber and dry brush Yellow Ochre. Line icing Lt. Buttermilk; shade Burnt Umber behind icing edges. Dry brush cheeks Petal Pink; add Lt. Buttermilk highlight dots. Line eyes Lamp Black.
- 1. Base each Lt. Buttermilk. Base red sections and pinstripes Santa Red. Use Black Plum to shade red sections and to float outer candy edges. Float Lt. Buttermilk highlight shine.
- 1. Base Desert Sand. Shade Burnt Umber along outer edges. Using photo as guide, base icing in Shale Green, Lt. Buttermilk, and Petal Pink; shade in Plantation Pine, Yellow Ochre, and Black Plum respectively. Line sprinkles on green icing Plantation Pine, white icing Santa Red, and pink icing Lt. Buttermilk. Shade Burnt Umber behind icing and where cookies overlap another.
- 1. Base Antique White; shade edges Burnt Umber. Base reinforcement Rookwood Red; shade Black Plum. Use Lamp Black to line string; line lettering and dot ends.
- 1. Use sewing machine and decorative stitch to sew painted muslin onto dish towel. Fray muslin edges. Fold towel in
thirds and wrap around your favorite holiday bread loaf.