Winter Wishes Sign
- Cupboard Distributing Winter Wishes Hanging Snowman Kit (kit includes: snowman cutout, two boots, two hanging brackets)
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Burnt Orange, Celery Green, Cool White, Deep Burgundy, Deep Midnight Blue, Gingerbread, Lamp Black, Light Avocado, Light French Blue, Peaches ‘n Cream, Plantation Pine, Slate Grey, Soft Black, Soft Sage, True Red, Warm White
- Black garden flag stand
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon Paintbrushes: Series 7000 Round #3, Series 7050 Script Liner 18/0, Series 7350 Liner #1, Series 7400 Angular Shader 1/4", 1/2", 3/4", Series 7500 Filbert #2, #4, Series 7550 Wash/Glaze 1", Series 1136 Stencil Brush #8; Series 515-M Berry Maker Medium
- DecoArt: Americana Wood Sealer, Americana Acrylic Matte Sealer/Finisher, DuraClear Matte Varnish
- Wood filler
- Cupboard Distributing Rudy Red Cheek Chalk
sandpaper, soft cloth, transfer paper, sea sponge, screwdriver, palette, container of water
- 1. Use wood filler to fill in any wood imperfections; dry and sand smooth. Lightly sand all wooden pieces. Use wash/glaze brush to apply Wood Sealer on all wooden pieces; dry and sand lightly. Wipe dust with soft cloth.
- 2. Print out pattern; lightly transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 3. For body, basecoat Light French Blue. Use 3/4" angular shader and Deep Midnight Blue to shade arms, head, stomach, and around feet. Use damp sea sponge to sponge body Warm White, beginning in center tapping sponge lightly on surface. Tap "snow" in center and lighten toward edges. Tap Cool White highlights on arms, tummy, and top of head. Use 3/4" angular shader to shade Deep Midnight Blue.
- 4. For face, use #4 filbert to basecoat eyes Soft Black; use angular shader to float Slate Grey along bottom and along right side of eyes. Shade Lamp Black along top left of eyes. Add tiny Cool White highlight dots. Use script liner and thinned Lamp Black to paint tiny eyelashes, eyebrows, and mouth. Use round brush to basecoat carrot nose Gingerbread; shade Burnt Orange along bottom and highlight Peaches ‘n Cream along top. Use liner to tap Cool White "snow" along top of nose. Use 1/2" angular shader and Deep Midnight Blue to shade below mouth, nose, eyes, and eyelashes. Use stencil brush to dry brush Rudy Red chalk on cheeks; add Cool White tri-dot highlights.
- 5. For holly, use 1/4" angular shader to basecoat leaves Light Avocado; shade Plantation Pine along bottom and down center. Highlight Celery Green along top of leaves. Use script liner and thinned Soft Sage to paint tiny veins down center. Use handle end of paintbrush to dot True Red berries. Let dry. Load berry maker with Deep Burgundy; center over berries, press down, and twist to create shading. Add Cool White highlight dot to upper left of each berry. Use 1/2" angular shader to float Deep Midnight Blue below holly and berries.
- 6. For mittens and scarf, basecoat each Celery Green. For mittens, use script liner and thinned Warm White to paint snowflakes; dot ends. Add random Soft Sage dots between snowflakes. Shade Plantation Pine along bottom edge and along right side; highlight Soft Sage along top edge and down left side. Use #4 filbert to lightly drybrush Soft Sage in center. For scarf, use Light Avocado to paint small "x" detailing; dot detailing Deep Burgundy. Use stencil brush to lightly stipple Warm White down center of snowflake section. Use script liner and thinned Warm White to paint snowflakes; dot ends. Basecoat bands at ends of scarf Soft Sage; paint holly leaves Light Avocado and use berry maker to create Deep Burgundy berries. Dot edges of band Deep Burgundy. Using pattern as guide, shade Plantation Pine on scarf along folds and below folds; highlight Soft Sage along tops of folds and left ends. For fringe, double-load liner with Celery Green and Plantation Pine; highlight Soft Sage.
- 7. For buttons, basecoat Soft Black; highlight Slate Grey along bottom and along right sides, and shade Lamp Black along top left. Use script liner and thinned Warm White to paint snowflakes; dot ends. Shade Deep Midnight Blue below buttons.
- 8. For boots, basecoat Soft Black; shade Lamp Black along bottom and along right sides, and highlight Slate Grey along top and left sides. Paint holly leaves and berries in same manner as holly on head. Use script liner and thinned Cool White to paint wording. Use script liner and thinned Warm White to paint snowflakes; dot ends. Sponge Cool White "snow" along top of boots.
- 9. To finish, spray several light coats of sealer on all wooden pieces. Adhere boots to bottom of snowman. For outside use, apply two to three coats of varnish. Attach brackets around arbor bar at back top of snowman; screw in place.
- 1. If Rudy Red Cheek Chalk is unavailable, lightly drybrush cheeks with red acrylic paint.