Santa’s Irresistible Delights
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics:
Antique Green, Antique Mauve,
Antique White, Avocado Dip,
Boysenberry Pink, Cool White,
Deep Burgundy, Hi-Lite Flesh, Lamp
(Ebony) Black, Light Cinnamon,
Plantation Pine, Prussian Blue,
Traditional Burnt Umber; Dazzling Metallics: Champagne Gold; Craft Twinkles: Crystal
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Flat Wash, 1"; Shader, #2, #4, #6, #10; Angular, 1/8", 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"; Liner, #1;
Decorator Collection: Dry Brush,
Series 200, #6, #12
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; Americana Acrylic
- Glass glitter, clear
- Fabric or ribbon of choice
- Small Lacey Banner (#WT302) from
- 1. Use flat wash and mix of multi-purpose
sealer + Prussian Blue to base front
and side edges of banner avoiding lace
area. In same manner, base lace area
Deep Burgundy. Sand lightly with finegrit sandpaper; wipe dust. Base banner again with full strength paints. Use sea wool sponge to sponge Cool White
over entire front of banner. Use ruler
or pattern to draw a 13/16"-wide border
on each side of banner top. Use #10
shader to base borders Antique White
for opaque coverage.
- 2. Use Cool White and #2 shader to paint checked border along top edge of lace; use liner to add squiggly line along bottom and side edges. Use Cool White and #4 shader to paint checked border along cut side and top edges of banner top.
- 3. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines onto front of plaque. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Candy Canes: Use #4 shader and Cool
White to base each candy cane. Use #2 shader to paint alternating stripes in Deep Burgundy, Boysenberry Pink, and
Avocado Dip. Use 1/4" angular to shade
Black Plum along top and bottom edges. Use 1/8" angular to float Cool White highlight shine through center of each candy cane.
- 2. Gingerbread: Use #2 shader to base Lt. Cinnamon. Use 1/4" angular and Traditional Burnt Umber to shade
gingerbread and each corner of
gingerbread box. Use #6 dry brush to tap Boysenberry Pink cheeks. Use stylus and Lamp Black to dot eyes; for hearts place two dots side-by-side then drag through center for point. Line squiggly Cool White frosting.
- 1. Use #4 shader to base face Hi-Lite
Flesh. Use 1/4" angular and Antique
Mauve to shade face, and to float
cheeks and nose. Use liner to add Cool
White highlight shine lines on cheeks
and nose. Paint eyes Lamp Black; add Cool White highlight dots. Use liner to
pounce Cool White eyebrows.
- 2. Use #6 and #8 shaders to base red areas of suit and hat Deep Burgundy; use 3/8" and 1/2" angulars to shade Black Plum and highlight Boysenberry Pink. Add Cool White polka-dots. Use #6 shader to base jacket border Antique White and use 3/8" angular to shade Traditional Burnt Umber. Paint gingerbread in same manner as in side borders. Use #4 shader to base boots Antique Green; use 3/8" angular to shade Plantation Pine and highlight Avocado Dip. Use Champagne Gold to paint laces and dot buttons.
- 3. For fur and hair, use #6 dry brush for
smaller areas and #12 for larger. Use
Cool White to tap in areas. Use brush
mix of Cool White and a touch of
Traditional Burnt Umber to lightly tap
fur areas. Use brush mix of Cool White
and Prussian Blue to lightly tap in hair
areas avoiding mustache. Dot buttons
- 1. Use #4 shader for large leaves and #2
for small leaves on hat and coat. Base
leaves Avocado Dip. Use 1/8" and 3/8"
angulars to shade Plantation Pine along
back ends and bottom edges of each
leaf; float Antique Mauve on opposite
edges of shading. Highlight leaf tips
Cool White. Use liner and thinned
Plantation Pine to add vein lines. Use
1/4" angular and Traditional Burnt Umber
to shade around leaves on coat.
- 1. Use liner and thinned Traditional Burnt
Umber to paint branches. Line needles
with thinned Plantation Pine, Avocado
Dip, and Cool White. Use stylus to dot
berries Deep Burgundy. Randomly dot
Cool White snow flakes throughout pine branches.
- 1. Lightly spray two to three sealer coats.
Apply Crystal Craft Twinkles to holly
leaves and pine boughs; while wet,
lightly sprinkle with glitter. Use fabric or ribbon of choice to hang banner.