- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Black Green, Black Plum, Burnt Sienna, Cool Neutral, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Napa Red, Primary Red, True Ochre; Hot Shots: Fiery Red, Scorching Yellow
- Brushes: Scharff: Golden Taklon: "Moon" Filbert, Series 425, #6; Round, Series 405, #2; Scroller (Script Liner), Series
480, #20/0, #1; Flat, Series 140,
#10, #12, #14; White Bristle: Dome Round, Series 245, #4
- DecoArt: Brush ‘n Blend Extender;
Faux Glazing Medium; Americana
Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte;
DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Battery Operated Candle
- 1. Apply two coats Hauser Dk. Green on
candle sides avoiding top and drips.
(Note: No priming is needed.)
- 2. Sand and seal wood base. Basecoat
entire base Cool Neutral. Use painter's tape to tape off cut edges at top and bottom. Use mix of Hauser Dk. Green + water (1:1) to wash over cut edges. Load filbert with Faux Glazing Medium then with Black Green; slip-slap behind design areas.
- 3. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. For wood base, pour small puddles of following paints on palette: Hauser Dk. Green, Hauser Med. Green, and Hauser Lt. Green. Thin each with water to inky consistency. Load #1 liner with thinned Hauser Dk. Green; paint center line, then pull some strokes out from center line for needles. Pick up thinned Hauser Med. Green in dirty brush and pull lighter needles. Repeat with thinned Hauser Lt. Green. Repeat entire process for candle using only lighter greens.
- 1. Base Primary Red; use #12 flat to shade Napa Red along top and bottom of knot, where ribbons come out from knot, and where one part folds over another. Deepen shading with Black Plum. Use Fiery Red to highlight middle of knot, in middle of each long section, and loop on lower right; highlight edges of remaining loops.
- 1. Base True Ochre; use #14 flat to shade Burnt Sienna on right sides, under center rim, and where one bell comes out from behind another. Reinforce shading. Use Scorching Yellow to highlight left sides and on center rims; use 20/0 liner to add shine lines on lower left sides. Use Primary Red to tint bells between shadow and highlight areas. Use round brush and thinned Black Plum to paint "holes".
- 1. Base Primary Red; use #10 flat to shade Napa Red along bottoms and where one berry comes out from behind another. Deepen shading with Black Plum. Sparsely load dome round brush with Fiery Red to highlight each berry. Use stylus to add Cool Neutral highlight dot.
- 1. Use painter's tape to cover candle
light; spray surface with several
finishing coats. Apply several varnish
coats on wood base.