Fruits of the Season
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Antique Green, Antique Mauve, Antique White, Avocado Dip, Black Plum, Bleached Sand, Cool White, Napa Red, Plantation Pine, Tomato Red, Traditional Burnt Umber, True Ochre; Craft Twinkles: Crystal
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #4, #8, #12; Angular, 1/4", 3/8", 1/2"; Liner, #1; Decorator Collection: Dry Brush, Series 200, #12
- DecoArt Americana: Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Glass glitter, clear
- Ribbon of choice
- Chair Ornament Trims (#A178) from
- 1. Use #12 shader and mix of Bleached Sand + multi-purpose sealer to base entire ornaments. Sand lightly with fine-grit sandpaper; wipe dust. Base ornaments again with full strength paint. Use sea wool sponge to sponge Cool White over entire front of ornaments.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines onto ornaments. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 3. Use #4 shader and slightly thinned Napa Red to paint checked borders along side cut edges.
- 1. Note: Refer to pattern for shading (...) and highlighting (///).
- 1. Use #8 shader to base Tomato Red; use Black Plum and 1/2" angular to shade edges and use 3/8" to shade stem
indent. Use #12 dry brush to dry brush Antique Green in front rounded areas. Repeat with Cool White to highlight.
Use liner and Traditional Burnt Umber tipped in Antique White to paint stem.
- 1. Use #8 shader to base Antique Green; use Plantation Pine and 1/2" angular to shade edges and use 1/4" to shade stem indent. Use #12 dry brush to dry brush True Ochre in front rounded areas. Dry brush small areas of Antique Mauve. Use Cool White to dry brush highlights. Use liner and Traditional Burnt Umber tipped in Antique White to paint stem.
- 1. Use #4 to base Avocado Dip; use 3/8" angular and Plantation Pine to shade back and bottom edges. Use same brush to float Antique Mauve on opposite side of shading. Float Cool White on leaf tips. Line veins with thinned Plantation Pine.
- 1. Use 1/2" angular and Traditional Burnt Umber to shade behind fruits and holly leaves; shade along front of ornament edges.
- 1. Use liner and thinned Traditional Burnt Umber to paint branches. Line needles with thinned Plantation Pine, Avocado Dip, and Cool White. Use stylus to dot berries Napa Red. Randomly dot Cool White snow flakes throughout greenery.
- 1. Lightly spray two to three sealer coats. Apply Crystal Craft Twinkles to holly leaves and pine boughs; while wet,
lightly sprinkle with glitter.
- 2. Use hook and loop tape and ribbon to attach ornaments to back of chairs adding greenery or desired decorative