Santa & Reindeer Friend
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics:
Antique White, Asphaltum, Base
Flesh, Black Plum, Burgundy Wine,
Burnt Umber, Camel, Deep Midnight
Blue, French Grey Blue, Gooseberry
Pink, Hauser Medium Green, Honey
Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light
Buttermilk, Light Cinnamon, Milk
Chocolate, Plantation Pine, Sand,
Santa Red, Slate Grey, Snow
(Titanium) White, True Red;
Dazzling Metallics: Champagne
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Majestic: Shader, Series R4150, #4, #8, #10; Script Liner, Series R4585, #10/0; Angular, Series R4160, 1/4", 3/8"; Filbert Stencil Brush, Series R1114, Small, Medium;
Kingslan Magnificent Mop, Series
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Snow Tex
- Ribbon of choice, 1/4"-wide
- Wooden Oval Ornaments (#ORN24)
from Coyote Woodworks
- 1. All line work is done using script liner. Use angular brushes for all floating and highlighting; soften water's edges with mop brush. All dry brushing is done using filbert stencil brushes.
- 1. Base Santa ornament Hauser Med. Green and reindeer ornament French Grey Blue. Use Champagne Gold to base outer edges on both ornaments. For Santa ornament, shade outer green edges Plantation Pine. For reindeer ornament, shade outer blue edges Deep Midnight Blue.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Refer to painting chart. Base face,
nose, and lip Base Flesh. Base inside
of mouth Lamp Black. Use Milk Chocolate to undercoat beard and mustache; shade Burnt Umber under mustache. Shade face and nose Lt. Cinnamon. Use Burgundy Wine
to shade top of cheeks and along bottom edge of lip. Use Lt. Buttermilk to shade top of nose and top of lip; dry brush face. Add Lt. Buttermilk highlight dots on cheeks. Use Lamp Black to line eyebrows, dot eyes, and
to paint glasses; outline cheeks and
- 2. Base hat Santa Red; shade Black Plum and highlight True Red. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk. Base hat band Lt. Buttermilk.
- 3. Use script liner to line wispy mustache
and beard hairs in following layers,
allowing hairs to dry between colors:
Antique White, Sand, Lt. Buttermilk,
and Snow White.
- 4. Dab Snow Tex onto hat band.
- 1. Use Honey Brown to base face, ears, and muzzle. Base antlers Milk Chocolate. Base nose Lamp Black. Use Burnt Umber to shade face areas and ears; deepen with Asphaltum around mouth, outside of nose, and bottom edges of outer ears. Highlight Camel around outer edge of head, nose, mouth and top edges of inner
ears. Use Camel to dry brush all of face areas. Dry brush Gooseberry Pink cheeks and inside of ears. Use Lamp Black to line eyebrows and dot eyes. Add Lt. Buttermilk highlight dots on cheeks. Shade Slate Grey along top of nose; add Lt. Buttermilk shine line. Shade antlers Asphaltum and highlight Camel; lightly dry brush antlers Camel. Dab Snow Tex onto top edges of antlers.
- 1. Apply several finishing coats. Use
ribbon to hang ornaments.