- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique White, Berry Red, Black
Plum, Burnt Orange, Burnt Umber,
Dark Chocolate, Graphite, Grey Sky,
Khaki Tan, Lamp (Ebony) Black,
Light Buttermilk, Milk Chocolate,
Napa Red, Neutral Grey, Soft Black,
Traditional Burnt Umber
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Majestic: Shader, Series R4150,
#4, #8, #10; Angular, Series R4160,
1/4", 3/8"; Script Liner, Series R4585, #10/0; Filbert Stencil Brush, Series R1114, Small, Medium;
Kingsland Magnificent Mop, Series
- Speckle brush
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- White insulted thermal coffee butler, 11" tall
- 1. Use angular shaders to float and
highlight; soften water's edge with mop brush. All line work is done using script liner. Use filbert stencil brush for dry brushing.
- 1. Apply sealer over entire surface. Using
photo as guide, base tan areas Khaki Tan and red areas Napa Red. Spatter Khaki Tan over red areas.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
Coffee Grinder Base and Knob Handle
- 1. Base Dk. Chocolate. Use Soft Black to shade bottom edges of base, behind drawer, along top and right edge of drawer front, along right side of drawer pull, along right side and bottom edge of knob handle, under edge of top, down right back edge, and around metal grinder. Use Milk Chocolate to shade bottom edge of drawer, top edge of base, left side of
knob handle, top edge of top, and front corner in a back-to-back float. Use Milk Chocolate to dry brush side and front.
- 1. Base Neutral Grey. Use Graphite to
shade bottom edges and use Grey Sky to highlight top edges. Very lightly float Burnt Orange across front to resemble rust. Dry brush bottom of grinder Graphite, then dry brush just above Graphite with a bit of Grey Sky.
- 1. Base Antique White. Shade bottom edges Burnt Umber and highlight top edges Lt. Buttermilk. Use Burnt Umber to add fabric lines; line fringed edges Lt. Buttermilk.
- 1. Base Dk. Chocolate; shade Soft Black
along bottom edges and highlight Milk
Chocolate along top edges.
- 1. Base Napa Red; shade Black Plum across bottom half and float Berry Red across top half. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk across center of each letter; add highlight shine along left sides. Outline letters Lamp Black.
- 1. Base Lt. Buttermilk; shade Traditional
Burnt Umber. Dry brush steam Lt.
Buttermilk. Basecoat tag Antique White; shade Burnt Umber. Base hole reinforcement Napa Red; shade Black Plum along bottom. Use Lamp Black to paint lettering on tag and string.
- 1. Use Burnt Umber to shade behind entire grinder, coffee bag, and letters.
- 2. Apply several finishing coats.