Tasteful Wine Box Cover
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique Gold, Arbor Green, Black
Plum, Buttermilk, Carousel Pink,
Dove Grey, Driftwood, Forest Green,
French Grey Blue, Georgia Clay,
Gingerbread, Grape Juice, Graphite,
Hauser Dk. Green, Lamp (Ebony)
Black, Midnight Blue, Mississippi
Mud, Moon Yellow, Payne's Grey,
Purple Cow, Raw Sienna, Razzle
Berry, Rookwood Red, Slate Grey,
Salem Blue, Snow (Titanium) White,
Traditional Burnt Sienna, Tuscan
Red, Uniform Blue, Victorian Blue
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Aqualon: Round, Series 2250, #1,
#3, #5; Liner, Series R2595, #20/0;
Shader, Series R2150, #2, #4, #8,
#12; Angular, Series R2160, 1/4",
3/8", 1/2"; Golden Taklon: Comb, Series R730, 1/2"
- Decorative Art Brushes: Oval Mop,
Series 900, 1/2"; Deerfoot Stippler, Series 393, 1/8"
- DecoArt Americana: Wood Sealer;
Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Wine Box Cover from Hall's
- Pigma Black Micron Pen, .01
- 1. Apply wood sealer over entire box. Sand lightly. Base entire box Driftwood.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use appropriate sized shaders and
rounds to basecoat areas. Use appropriate sized angular shaders to float shading and highlights. Use liner brush to add details. Use a ruler when transferring straight lines. Use painter's tape where possible to keep architectural lines straight.
Dentil Trim and Bricks
- 1. Shade dental trim Mississippi Mud;
highlight Dove Grey. Dry brush Dove
Grey trim at base of molding.
- 2. Refer to Painting Chart. For brick
background, use #12 shader to slipslap
Rookwood Red, Traditional Burnt Sienna, and Georgia Clay working small sections at a time so paint does not dry. Use mop to soften slightly. Use pen to draw brick lines; allow to dry at least 30 minutes. Randomly dry brush a touch of Gingerbread on some bricks. Dry brush additional touches of Driftwood highlights here and there.
- 3. Shade sheer Black Plum here and there on some bricks and on top and bottom edges of bricked areas.
- 1. Shade Mississippi Mud; highlight Dove Grey here and there. Thin Dove Grey to heavy cream consistency and spatter sidewalk; repeat with Mississippi Mud.
Granite Wall Stones
- 1. Base with slightly thinned Dove Grey
allowing touches of basecoat to show through here and there; shade Slate Grey. Use touch of Graphite to deepen shading here and there; float sheer Snow White highlights. Spatter stones Slate Grey.
- 1. (molding and area behind signage above buildings) Tape off areas. Base Driftwood; shade Mississippi Mud and highlight Dove Grey. Remove tape. Shade Black Plum on brick area behind molding.
- 1. Follow Granite Wall Stones instructions to paint stone doorway trim; omit spatter. Refer to Brick instructions to paint brick wall. Follow glass instructions below for windows; use comb brush to rake thinned Snow White reflection lines on glass. Paint mullions Dove Grey and base trim Uniform Blue. Dry brush a touch of French Grey Blue highlights on window sills. Use sheer Payne's Grey to paint cast shadows on inside arched area and on sidewalk.
- 1. Base Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna and highlight Moon Yellow. Use Payne's Grey to deepen shading along top edge. Paint stripes Victorian Blue; use dirty brush and touch of Salem Blue to highlight, then add touches of Snow White highlights here and there.
- 1. Wash all glass areas Slate Grey; shade sheer Graphite.
- 2. Base curtains Buttermilk. Use #2 shader and touch of Antique Gold to dry brush shading; use Snow White to dry brush highlights. Use liner and Snow White to loosely line curtain edges. Base curtain rod in Café, Antique Gold; shade with touch of Raw Sienna and dry brush touch of Moon Yellow highlights. Base curtain rings Antique Gold; highlight with touch of Buttermilk.
- 3. Base window shade in Café door Moon Yellow; shade Antique Gold and deepen with sheer Raw Sienna. Float Buttermilk highlight and use touch of Snow White to paint highlight. Wash window shade in Theater ticket booth sheer Snow White. Use thinned Snow White to add detailing. Paint shade pulls Graphite; highlight with touch of Snow White.
- 4. Use sheer Snow White to wash glass
shelves in Flower Shoppe and Wine Seller windows.
- 5. Base wine bottles in Wine Seller window with thinned Antique Gold, thinned Dove Grey, and thinned Black Plum. Paint labels Arbor Green, Dove Grey, Black Plum, and Salem Blue. Use touches of Dove Grey to highlight bottles here and there.
- 6. For clay pots in Flower Shoppe window, base with mix of Raw Sienna + tch. of Buttermilk; shade Traditional Burnt Sienna and dry brush Gingerbread highlight down centers.
- 7. For flowers, double-load deerfoot
stippler with Hauser Dk. Green and touch of Arbor Green and stipple foliage; use dirty brush and touch of Snow White to stipple highlights. Use clean dry brush and toe of brush to tap in flowers. For red flowers, tap in Tuscan Red; while wet, use dirty brush to tap in Razzle Berry highlights. Repeat same for purple flowers using Grape Juice and Purple Cow; add touches of Snow White here and there. Repeat same for pink flowers using Carousel Pink and Snow White, and for yellow flowers use Antique Gold, Moon Yellow, and Snow White. For tall flowers, line
stems Forest Green and use #1 round to tap petals using same colors; add fallen leaves and petals on ground near plants.
- 8. Use sheer Slate Grey to wash over
windows slightly obscuring curtains,
shades, wine bottles, and plants. Use
comb brush to rake thinned Snow White reflection lines.
Doors and Window Frames
- 1. Base blue doors and window trims
Victorian Blue; shade sheer Midnight
Blue and lightly dry brush Salem Blue
highlights. Base green doors and window trims Forest Green; shade Hauser Dk. Green and lightly dry brush Arbor Green highlights.
- 1. Lamp Posts: Base Lamp Black. Use #1 round and #2 shader to dry brush French Grey Blue highlight; dry brush stronger Dove Grey highlight. Base bulb Dove Grey; wash over with touch of Antique Gold. Use touch of Georgia Clay to "warm" bulb base. Use very sheer Snow White to wash over glass area.
- 2. Easel, Sign Frames, Chairs, Umbrella
Pole and Flower Cart: Base Raw Sienna; use dirty brush to dry brush touch of Buttermilk highlights. Shade with touch of Traditional Raw Sienna.
- 3. Gallery Paintings: Base canvases Snow White. Use dirty brush and touch of Salem Blue to paint sky area on three paintings. Slip-slap grass Arbor Green. Use Razzle Berry and touch of Snow White to dab flowers on two paintings, and use Grape Juice and touch of Snow White to dab flowers on other two paintings. Use thinned Antique Gold to wash background on foreground painting
of sidewalk; loosely base pot Raw Sienna then use touch of Arbor Green to dab leaves and tap flowers with Purple Cow and touch of Snow White.
- 4. Table, Chairs, and Umbrella: Base seat
cushions Arbor Green; use dirty brush
and touch of Snow White to dry brush
highlights. Use Snow White to base
tablecloth and umbrella until fairly
opaque. Use dirty brush and touch of
Salem Blue to dry brush highlights;
use touch of Victorian Blue to deepen
shading here and there. Base table vase Moon Yellow; shade with touch of Raw Sienna and highlight with touch of Snow White. Follow above instructions to paint flowers.
- 5. French Flower Pots and Flower Cart Wheel and Handle: Base Slate Grey; shade French Grey Blue and dry brush Snow White highlights.
- 6. Use touch of sheer Payne's Grey to shade between pots. Follow above instructions to paint flowers.
- 1. Art Gallery: Use Arbor Green to base overhead sign; shade Forest Green. Use pen to add lettering. Use Buttermilk to base easel and door sign; wash over with sheer Antique Gold. Use Victorian Blue to outline each and paint "OPEN". Randomly dry brush colors on ease with Purple Cow, Victorian Blue, and Razzle Berry. Use pen to add wording.
- 2. Theater: Base entire sign board
Buttermilk. Paint upper block area
thinned Salem Blue. Outline sections with thinned Victorian Blue. Shade lower block area thinned Antique Gold. Base window sign Salem Blue; outline border with thinned Midnight Blue. Use pen to add wording on sign board, window sign, and top of booth. Paint overhead lettering Victorian Blue; use #2 shader for thick areas and liner for thin areas. Highlight Salem Blue.
- 3. Café and Flower Shoppe: Use Snow White to paint lettering on café window. For overhead signs, use slightly thinned Hauser Dk. Green to base letters and use mix of Arbor Green + tch. of Snow White to dry brush highlights.
- 4. Wine Shop: Use pen to add wording. Use Graphite to base chalkboard; use very sheer Snow White to wash over. Use thinned Snow White to paint wording.
- 1. Use sheer Payne's Grey to wash cast
shadows under awnings and table cloth, and to right of lamp posts, flower pots, cart, sidewalk signs and paintings; soften shadows with mop brush.
- 2. Apply several sealer coats.