Harmonic Fall Chimes - Scarecrow
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Dark
Chocolate, Fawn, Lamp (Ebony)
Black, Milk Chocolate, Napa Red,
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Royal Soft-Grip Gold Taklon: Shader, Series SG150, #6, #10; Angular, Series SG160, 1/4", 1/2"; Script Liner, Series SG585, #2; Liner, Series SG595, #0; Glaze Wash, Series SG700, 3/4"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Silver craft wire, 19-gauge
- Fishing line
- Old forks and spoons (not stainless
- Wood items and rusty country stars
(1", two) available through Betty
- Optional: Cedar picket fencing to
cut scarecrow (5-3/8"x14-1/2"x3/4")
and crow; wood piece for sign,
- 1. (Note: Use cedar wood for outdoor
durability.) Drill hole in center top of scarecrow and along bottom of face where indicated on pattern. Sand front and sides of wood items well; wipe dust.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use Milk Chocolate to base hat and hat band (wood piece). Use Dk. Chocolate to shade edges on each; add wood grain lines to hat band. Add loose Lamp Black squiggle lines along edges of hat and hatband. Paint letters on hat band Warm White; dot ends.
- 2. Base face Fawn; shade edges Milk Chocolate. Base nose Napa Red; shade Lamp Black along left side and bottom; highlight Warm White along right side. Very lightly dry brush cheeks Napa Red. Use Lamp Black to base eyes; paint eyebrows, eyelashes, mouth, and mouth detailing. Float Warm White along left side of eyes; add pupil dots and sparkle lines. Add loose Lamp Black squiggle lines along edges of face.
- 1. Base crow Lamp Black. Sand to remove some paint; wipe dust. Dot eye Warm White.
- 2. Use photo as assembling guide. Glue
some raffia strands at sides of face
and short lengths across top of face.
Glue hatband across bottom of hat; nail to secure. Glue and nail crow onto hat. Super Glue stars to cheeks. Use wire to form hanging loop. Use fishing line to tie fork and spoons to bottom holes.
- 3. Spray with several sealer coats.