BOO Spoken Here!
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique Maroon, Antique White,
Burnt Orange, Burnt Sienna,
Cadmium Yellow, Dark Chocolate,
Dioxazine Purple, Forest Green,
Lamp (Ebony) Black, Lavender,
Lemon Yellow, Napa Red, Pumpkin,
Purple Cow, Saffron Yellow, Slate
Grey, Sour Apple, Tangelo Orange,
Terra Cotta, White Wash
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Golden Taklon: Glaze Wash, Series
R700, 3/4"; Angular, Series R160, 3/8"; Filbert, R170, #8; Pointed Round, Series R250, #4; Monogram Liner, Series R595, #10/0; Royal Soft-Grip: White Nylon Blending Mop, Series SG1400, 1/2"; Decorative Art Brushes: Deerfoot
Stippler, Series 393, 1/8"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Wooden dowel, 1/4" diameter, 8"
- Jute twine
- Roc-Lon Fabric, 7"x27" found at
most fabric stores
- 1. Fabric has two sides; you can paint on either side, but I chose the rougher, more canvas like side to work on. You can cut the bottom edge before or after you paint, the choice is yours.
- 1. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines onto surface. (Transfer details as
- 1. Base White Wash; shade Slate Grey. Base eyes Lamp Black; highlight White Wash and add highlight dots. Base noses Purple Cow; shade Dioxazine Purple and highlight White Wash. Very lightly sponge cheeks Napa Red. (Note: Blot heavily before sponging.)
- 1. Base Burnt Orange; shade Antique Maroon and highlight Pumpkin. Base stems Terra Cotta; shade Dk. Chocolate. Line tendrils with thinned Dk. Chocolate. Paint eyes, nose, and mouths Lamp Black.
- 1. Base oak leaves Cadmium Yellow; use Burnt Sienna to shade and add vein lines. Base maple leaves Tangelo Orange; use Napa Red to shade and add vein lines. Use deerfoot stippler and shading colors to very lightly stipple across leaves.
- 1. Base Cadmium Yellow; shade Burnt Sienna.
Background and Lettering
- 1. Base background Lavender; shade Dioxazine Purple. Base lettering Sour Apple; shade Forest Green and highlight Lemon Yellow.
Candy Corn Border
- 1. Paint area behind candy corns Lamp Black. Base bottom of candy corn Burnt Orange; shade Antique Maroon. Base middle sections Saffron Yellow; shade Burnt Orange. Base tops White Wash; shade Antique White.
- 1. Apply several light finishing coats.
Paint dowel Lamp Black. Fold top edge back 1-1/4"; glue bottom edge in place. Thread dowel through pocket formed. Cut desired twine length for hanger; tie ends to dowel ends.