Puppy Love Leash Plaque
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
Maroon, Burnt Umber, Fawn, Sable
Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Santa
Red, Snow (Titanium) White, Toffee
- Brushes: FM Dynasty Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #2, #6, #10, #12; Liner, #1, #2; Mini Script, #20/0; Angular, 1/2"
- Brushes: Optional: Stencil brushes: 1/4", 3/8", 5/8", 1"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Cup hooks, three
- Dog Bone Signboard (#27115) from
- Optional: The Creative Coach
Basecoat Stencils: Dogs & Paws
(BCS192); Bones & Barks (BCS194);
Words to Live By (BCS152); Quilt
Block, Stars and Hearts (BCS122)
- 1. Stencils were used to create these projects. The projects could also be painted by transferring the patterns and painting the designs with traditional brushes. Choose the brush that best fits the area. Use shader brushes to basecoat, liner brushes to add detailing and to basecoat small areas, and use stylus to add dots and to make eyes.
- 2. To stencil pounce color through opening of stencil using up and down motion. Use largest brush possible in an area to create even coverage. Tap off excess paint from brush prior to pouncing on surface; too much paint will cause seepage under stencil. Begin pouncing color in center of opening and work
towards outside; lighten pressure
around edges. Use painter's tape to
hold stencils in place or to mask off
adjacent areas of stencil.
- 1. Base bone sign Toffee; shade edges Sable Brown. Spatter board Sable Brown then Snow White.
- 2. Print out pattern from pullout section; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Base brown dog Sable Brown; shade Burnt Umber then deepen with Lamp Black. Line hairs with Sable Brown and Burnt Umber. Base nose and mouth Lamp Black; highlight nose Snow White. Use Burnt Umber to line eyebrows and dot cheeks. Paint eyes Lamp Black.
- 2. Base white dogs Snow White; shade Fawn. Line hairs Snow White. Base nose, mouth, and eyes Lamp Black; highlight nose Snow White. Dot cheeks Fawn. Use marker to draw eyebrows. Base hearts between paws Santa Red; shade Antique
Maroon along left edge and add Snow White highlight dot.
Words and Background
- 1. Base large words Sable Brown; shade
Lamp Black along bottom third of letters. Add Santa Red hearts and dots detailing to letters.
- 2. Use Fawn to base background words; add paws and hearts. Add random Santa Red and Fawn dots.
- 1. Shade Sable Brown behind dogs and large words. Apply several sealer coats. Add cup hooks as desired.