Back to School Necklace and Earrings
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Antique Rose, Baby Blue, Camel,
Cashmere Beige, Cool White, Deep Burgundy, Deep Midnight Blue, French Vanilla, Gooseberry Pink, Grey Sky, Jade Green, Light Avocado, Light Cinnamon, Plantation Pine, Soft Black, Williamsburg Blue
- Brushes: FM Dynasty Black Gold, Series 206: Round, #1; Shader, #2, #4, #8; Script, #20/0; Liner, #0; Angular, 1/8", 1/4"; Flat Wash, 1/2"; Deerfoot, 1/4"
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
- Beads: rectangle (#01-B809, 1-1/2"x3/4"), five; disc (#01-B812, 3/4"), eight; round, (#01-B594, 1/4"), 40; round (#01-B598, 5/16"), six. Beading wire; earring wire. Items available through Cupboard Distributing
- 1. Fill unused holes in rectangle bead with wood filler; let dry and sand smooth. Lightly sand all wood pieces.
Apply one coat multi-purpose sealer
to all wood pieces; let dry and sand
lightly. Use Soft Black to base tops
and backs of rectangle and disc beads; base sides Camel.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
Apple Disc Beads
- 1. Base apples Antique Rose. For necklace beads and earring on right side, shade Deep Burgundy along bottom and up right side; highlight Gooseberry Pink along top and left side. Add tiny Cool White comma stroke highlight on top left of apple. Repeat same on opposite sides for
necklace beads and earring on left side. Paint stems Lt. Cinnamon; add tiny Cashmere Beige highlight line down top side of stem. Base leaves Lt. Avocado; highlight Jade Green along top.
- 1. Green Crayon: Base crayon Lt. Avocado. Shade Plantation Pine along right side and along bottom of crayon base; highlight Jade Green along left side and along top of crayon base. Use thinned Jade Green to add fine highlight line down tip and base. Base
wrapper Jade Green; shade Plantation
Pine along right side. Add thinned
Soft Black lines and lettering.
- 2. Blue Crayon: Base crayon Williamsburg Blue; shade and highlight in same manner as Green Crayon using Deep Midnight Blue to shade and Baby Blue to highlight. Base wrapper Baby Blue; shade
Deep Midnight Blue along right side.
Add thinned Soft Black lines and
- 3. Red Crayon: Base crayon Antique Rose; shade and highlight in same manner as Green Crayon using Deep Burgundy to shade and Gooseberry Pink to highlight. Base wrapper Gooseberry Pink; shade
Deep Burgundy along right side. Add thinned Soft Black lines and lettering.
- 1. Base handles Williamsburg Blue; shade Deep Midnight Blue along right sides and highlight Baby Blue along left. Base blades Grey Sky; lightly shade Soft Black along right sides and highlight Cool White along left. Add Soft Black hinge dot.
School House Bead
- 1. Base house Antique Rose; shade Deep Burgundy along bottom, up right side, and under eaves. Line roofs Lt. Cinnamon; shade bottom edges Soft Black and highlight top edges Cashmere Beige. Base windows Soft Black. Base door Lt.
Cinnamon; use Soft Black to shade and to dot door knob. Use thinned Cool White to frame door and windows and to paint windowpanes. Base bell in top window Camel; shade Lt. Cinnamon along right side and add tiny Cool White highlight line along left side. Base plaque above door Cool White; lightly
shade Soft Black. Use thinned Soft Black to paint "EST", date, favorite
school initials, or numbers. Base steps Grey Sky; shade Soft Black along bottoms and highlight Cool White along tops.
- 1. Blue Book: Base spine Williamsburg Blue. Paint band Camel; add thin Antique Rose lines along band edges.
Use thinned Camel to paint lettering.
- 2. Shade Deep Midnight Blue along left
side of spine and highlight Baby Blue
- 3. Yellow Book: Base spine Camel. Paint stripes and label Antique Rose. Use thinned Camel to paint lettering. Shade Lt. Cinnamon along left side of spine and highlight French Vanilla along right.
- 4. Green Book: Base spine Lt. Avocado. Use thinned Camel to paint stripes and decorative strokes. Shade Plantation Pine along left side of spine and highlight Jade Green along right.
- 1. Base pencil wood Camel; shade Lt. Cinnamon along left side and under metal ferrule. Use Soft Black to deepen shading where pencils overlap. Highlight right side of pencils French Vanilla. Base ferrule Grey Sky; shade Soft Black along left side and below ridges, and highlight Cool White along right side and along top of ridges. Base eraser Gooseberry Pink; shade Antique Rose along left side and add tiny thinned Cool White highlight line at right.
Disc and Rectangle Bead Sides
- 1. Use thinned Soft Black to add ruler
lines around sides of each bead.
- 1. Base 1/4" beads Soft Black. Base 5/16"
beads Antique Rose; wash Deep Burgundy.
- 1. Spray disc and rectangle beads with
several light sealer/finisher coats.
Apply Triple Thick glaze over round
- 2. String beads on beading wire; attach
clasp. Assemble earrings as shown.