- DecoArt SoSoft: Fabric Acrylics: Avocado Green, Light Soft Sage, Pistachio Green, White; Metallics: Renaissance Brown, Silver Platinum
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Aqualon: Round, Series 2250, #1, #3; Liner, Series R2595, #10/0; Shader, Series R2150, #4, #8, #12; Oval Wash, Series R2950, 1/2"
- DecoArt SoSoft: Undercoat White;
- Old jeans back pockets, two
- Denim purse
- White cotton gaucho pants in
- Clear wide packing tape
- Cardboard inserts
- Basic sewing supplies: sewing
machine, matching thread, sewing
- 1. Use scissors to cut pockets from jeans leaving 1/4" fabric margin on each side; fray fabric edges. (Note: Blue threads will pull out easily; use sewing needle and tweezers to pull white threads.)
- 2. Print out pattern. Make two photo copies of patterns; cover patterns with sealing tape to prevent stylus from poking through paper. Cut one flower and leaf pattern directly around outer edges; set remaining patterns aside. Insert cardboard scrap inside pockets to
prevent paint bleed through. Position
trimmed patterns onto pockets and purse as shown; use straight pins to secure in place. Use pencil to trace around outer edges of patterns; do not transfer details at this time.
- 3. Use oval wash brush to apply several
Undercoat White coats to flowers.
- 4. (Note: Use blow dryer to force dry.)
Basecoat roses White. Use shaders to base leaves Lt. Soft Sage. Force dry. Place patterns over basecoated areas; transfer details or use pencil to freehand detailing.
- 1. Use dry or damp brushes; fabric paint
should not be thinned with water. Use Transparent Medium to float or to thin paint for washes and linework. Remove mistakes on areas not intended to be painted immediately with a wet brush and soap.
- 1. Refer to Painting Chart.
- 1. Use #12 shader and Transparent Medium to coat leaves one at a time. Use Avocado Green to float shading along base and center of leaf (Fig. 1). Force dry. Use Renaissance Brown to deepen shading (Fig. 2). Use mix of Lt. Soft Sage + White (2:1) to highlight edges and center of leaves. Side-load #8 shader with Silver Platinum and reinforce highlights. Use liner and
thinned Renaissance Brown to add vein lines (Fig. 3).
- 1. Use #8 shader to shade Pistachio Green around center wiggling brush back and forth while shading (Fig.1). Use #3 round to paint center Avocado Green (Fig. 2). Force dry. Shade Renaissance Brown along one side of center (Fig. 2) and use mix of Pistachio Green + tch. of White to highlight other side (Fig. 3).
- 2. Use appropriate size shaders and Lt. Soft Sage to float first shading on petals (Fig. 1). Use small amount of Renaissance Brown to deepen shading selectively (Fig. 2). Use liner and thinned Avocado Green to add a few veins on some petals and to pull tiny stamen from centers; dot stamen ends Renaissance Brown. Use Silver Platinum to line outer petal edges (Fig. 3).
Branches and Berries
- 1. Line branches Renaissance Brown; add Silver Platinum highlights here and there. Use #1 round to paint berries White; while wet, blend a touch of Avocado Green to shade.
- 1. Hand baste pockets to desired area of pants; machine sew in place making sure to leave opening at top so pocket is still functional. (Note: Be sure to use jean and denim sewing machine needle.) Allow paint to air dry 48 hours before
laundering. Wash on gentle cycle with mild soap. Lay flat to dry.