Assorted Fourth of July themed cardstock and papers
Assorted Fourth of July themed ribbons
Red and white baker’s twine
Cello bags, 3”x8”
Red, white and blue candies
Blue ink or chalk
Micron Pigma 03 Black Marker
Scallop edged scissors
Hole punch, 1/8”
Star punch or die, 1½”
Adhesives: Glue sticks, adhesive tabs
Pencil and transfer paper
This idea was originally published in our 2016 Summer issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
This project can be made so kids can help by punching out the “window” area on the mason jar with a 1¾” square punch instead of using an X-Acto knife.
1. Print full-size patterns. Use transfer paper and pencil to transfer jar and top patterns to Fourth of July themed cardstock and cut out. To cut out jar top, cut bottom edge straight and use scalloped edge scissors to create edge as shown.
2. Transfer treat box pattern to white cardstock and cut out. Score and cut lines as indicated. Fold on scored lines. Assemble box using adhesive tabs.
3. Cut out center window of Mason jar using craft knife. Adhere top to jar as shown. Tie baker’s twine around top and knot.
4. Die cut or punch out star from white cardstock and punch small hole at top. Ink edges of star with blue ink or chalk. Add name to star center with black marker. Separate baker’s twine and use one red strand to tie star tag to jar.
5. Adhere jar to one side of small box. Fill cello bags with candies and tie with Fourth of July themed ribbons. Insert bags into boxes.