Pattern - Crazy Bird Mailbox
- 1. Print out patterns. Cut eyes from white cardstock, beak and feet from red cardstock, and wings from polka dot cardstock.
- 2. Cut off lid of box. Cover box with pink construction paper.
- 3. Cut 5"x2-3/4" red and three 3/4"x2-3/4" bright pink rectangles from cardstock. Punch circles from black cardstock, two hearts from red, and 12 hearts from bright pink. With black marker, outline all shapes except red hearts and large red rectangle. Draw beak detail lines.
- 4. Adhere red rectangle to bottom front of box, and beak, eyes, and red heart cheeks to top front of box. Adhere bright pink rectangles vertically to red rectangle with three bright pink hearts between each. Adhere tip of wings to sides and feet to bottom. Adhere boa to top of bird for hair.
- 1. A small recycled cracker box was used for this project, but you can use any size box. Just adjust the pattern pieces so they are proportional to your box.