Elmer’s X-ACTO: Z Series #1 Craft Knife with Z Series #11 Blades, 18”x24” Self Healing Cutting Mat, 12” Metal Ruler
FloraCraft Design It: Wire Cutter, Floral Shears
Glue gun and sticks
1. Place foam board with cork side up on cutting mat. Use pencil, metal ruler, and craft knife to measure, mark, and cut following pieces from cork foam board: three 14"x5" (front, back, base); two 5"x4-1/2" (ends); one 13"x4-7/8" (inside box). Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of knife; replace blades often.
2. Place 14"x5" base piece on work surface with cork side down. Using glue gun, adhere 5"x4-1/2" end pieces, one at a time and cork side out, to top of base at each side. Adhere front and back pieces, cork side out, to base and sides. Place remaining piece inside box to raise height of cans.
3. Using photo as guide, stamp designs onto box front. To create taller flower at right, stamp two stacked stems before stamping blossom.
4. Wrap one can with burlap wired ribbon, folding ribbon in half and knotting at front. Place cans and supplies in box.
5. Use glue gun to adhere metal accent tacks to thumbtacks; insert into box front to hold notes and photos.
1. Stamp designs using colored inks or color designs with markers for another look.