Spread Your Wings & Fly Mixed Media
- Medium-density fiberboard panel, 4”x6”
- Hazel & Ruby Pass the Tissue Quote Collage Tissue Paper
- May Arts Natural String Burlap Ribbon
- Corrugated cardboard butterfly
- Crocheted flowers
- Lily Bee Design ABC Cardstock Stickers
- Speedball Hard Rubber Brayer
- Craft iron
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft: Gold Champagne Gelatos Double Scoop (770266); Red Yellow (770520) and Neutral (770522) Paper Crafter Crayons Sets; Gesso (770302); Gel Medium (770303); Glaze (770304); Gelatos Tool Set (770312)
- Beacon Adhesives 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue
- 1. Coat MDF with thin layer of Gesso. Adhere pieces of tissue paper to MDF using Gel Medium. Apply another coat of Gel Medium on top. Let dry thoroughly.
- 2. Tear or cut any overhanging pieces of tissue from MDF.
- 3. Create custom-colored glaze by cutting chunk of Gelatos color off and mixing with glaze using palette knife. When satisfied with color, apply glaze to MDF using brayer. Draw vertical and horizontal lines into wet glaze using palette knife to create texture. Let glaze dry.
- 4. Melt crayons using craft iron. (Note: For more information about melting Paper Crafter Crayons, view the video at http://youtu.be/HL0xKZF5LKQ.) Add neutrals, oranges, and pop of red.
- 5. Adhere sentiment of choice to panel using letter stickers. Cover stickers with coat of Gel Medium.
- 6. Adhere embellishments to card. Apply additional color from Paper Crafter Crayons where needed.
- 1. For step-by-step photos of this project, click here.