Put a Bird on It Ornament
Various textures and mediums unite to create beautiful impact on this dazzling acrylic bird ornament.
- Clear acrylic scraps
- Watercolor paper
- Baker’s twine
- The Crafter’s Workshop Vineyard Stencil
- Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft®: Red Cherry, Lemon, and Black Licorice Gelatos; Whipped Spackle; Glass Bead Glitter Gel; Black PITT Artist Pen; Gesso; Glaze; Gel Medium
- Stencil brush
- scissors, pencil, paintbrush, hole punch
- 1. Ornament is 3"x3".
- 1. Allow each piece to dry thoroughly before moving on to next step.
- Put a Bird on It Ornament
- 1. Freehand draw bird on watercolor paper; color with Gelatos. Cut out shape. Accent belly by adding glitter gel. Add outlines and details with pen; cut in fringe as desired. Add layer of glaze to make bird shiny and durable. Let dry. Photo 1.
- 2. Trim acrylic into desired shape for background. Stencil vine onto acrylic, pouncing spackle with stencil brush. Avoid wiping or painting with spackle; it will not stick. Apply gesso all around edge of background acrylic piece. Let dry completely. Photo 2
- 3. Attach bird to acrylic using gel medium. Apply small amount of gesso to wings. Punch hole in acrylic background; thread twine through to hang. Photo 3