Whimsy Stamps (whimsystamps.com)
Follow our designer's tutorial to create a beautiful one-of-a-kind bauble ornament for your Christmas tree.
- Wood or mount board bauble ornament blank
- Cardstock: gold, white
- Designer papers
- Gold flat-back pearls
- Punched or die cut foliage
- Mulberry flowers
- Whimsy Stamps Christmas Greetings Clear Stamp Set
- Die-cutting machine with circle and scalloped circle die sets
- Sanding block
- Ball stylus tool
- Ink pads: green, brown
- White embossing powder
- Adhesives: glitter glue, foam pads, liquid glue
- pencil, scissors, heat tool
- 1. Using blank as template, trace twice onto designer paper; cut out. Apply white embossing powder; heat set from underneath. Adhere papers to blank ornament, one on each side.
- 2. Trim paper edges around bauble. Sand edges; ink brown. Apply glitter glue to edges on both front and back. Set aside to dry.
- 3. Die cut two white circles and two gold scalloped circles from cardstock as shown. Stamp large greeting on one circle using brown ink; mat with scalloped circle. Stamp smaller greeting and pine branches on other white circle; mat with remaining scalloped circle. Stamp two large and three small pinecones on additional white cardstock; cut out and ink edges brown.
- 4. Adhere circle panels to ornament. Shape pinecones with stylus to give dimension. Adhere to ornament with foam.
- 5. Embellish ornament with foliage, flowers, pearls, and small ribbon bow. Tie ribbon through top of ornament for hanger.
- 6. Adhere additional foliage and pinecones to back of ornament as shown.
- 1. Create your own ornament blank from mount board by downloading a template from an internet search and cutting out. Search for "Christmas Ornament" or "Bauble Template."