Vintage Floral Jewelry Box
- Wooden hinged box, 5”x6-3/8”
- Vintage flower postcards and/or vintage rose images (designer used Click-n-Craft Sweet Roses)
- White cardstock
- Glass pearl seed beads, 2mm, 80
- Pink ceramic knobs, 1-1/4”, four
- Gold wire, 20-gauge, 2” length
- Gold head pin, 2” long
- Three assorted beads: pink; crystal; gold
- Coordinating fabric or vintage linen
- Fiberfill stuffing
- Americana Acrylic Paints: French Mauve; Bleached Sand
- Dazzling Metallics Paint: Glorious Gold
- Weathered Wood Crackling Medium
- Adhesives: Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive; Liquid Laminate
- Fine-grit sandpaper
- Electric drill and drill bits
- Round-nose pliers
- Computer and printer
- Optional: Scanner
- 1. Paint inside, back side, and bottom of box French Mauve. (Note: Do not paint edges of lid and box bottom that touch.) Let dry. Brush crackle medium on top of painted surface. Let dry. Brush one coat of Bleached Sand on top of medium.
- 2. Sand paint off edges of lid and box bottom that touch, if needed. Dry brush edges Glorious Gold.
- 3. Scan flower postcards into computer (or use Sweet Roses CD). Print desired sizes of flower images on white cardstock to cover unpainted box surfaces. Print a different image for each side to be covered. Cut images to fit box surfaces. Brush glue on back of each image, then adhere to box. Sand box edges for distressed look.
- 4. Brush one coat Liquid Laminate on box, using foam brush so brushstrokes don't show. Quick Tip: Brush one side at a time and let dry for best results.
- 5. Drill four holes in bottom of box 3/4" from corners. Insert screws that come with knobs through holes in box and attach knobs. (Note: Shorter screws may need to be purchased or cut screws that come with knobs.)
- 6. Drill 1/16" hole in center front of lid. Bend 2" wire length in half and twist ends together, forming small loop. Insert wire ends through hole in box, separate wire ends on inside lid, and bend ends against lid to secure wire loop.
- 7. For bead droplet, place beads on head pin. Bend wire end over slightly. Insert wire through wire loop on box, and bend wire end into tight loop to secure.
- 8. To finish inside of box, print flower image on cardstock. Cut out image and glue inside top of box lid.
- 9. To make pillow for inside of box, cut two rectangles from fabric to size of inside measurement of box bottom plus 1/2". Sew rectangles together with right sides facing, 1/4" from edges, leaving an opening for turning on one side. Trim seam at corners. Turn right side out through opening. Stuff; hand sew opening closed. Place pillow inside box.