Pattern - Mirror Angel Ornaments
- 1. For sturdier ornaments, glue white cardstock to back of two different patterned papers.
- 2. Print and cut out pattern. Cut angel and wings from separate papers; ink edges.
- 3. Punch holes in angel and wings as indicated by "x" on pattern; attach eyelets.
- 4. Glue mirrors to wings. Transfer dots around mirrors. Insert needle through paper at marked dots to pre-punch holes for sewing.
- 5. Thread needle with pearl cotton. Insert needle through one hole, going from back to front. Glue thread end to back of wings. Working counter-clockwise, insert needle back through wings in third hole from where thread originated, leaving two holes between stitched line. Bring needle up through hole next to first hole and insert back down through wings in same way as before. Continue working around mirror until thread goes through each hole twice, forming a star pattern over mirror. Glue thread end to back of wings. Repeat for remaining mirror.
- 6. Apply tiny dab of glue to center of wings and place angel on wings, following pattern. Lightly draw pencil line through center of angel; machine sew straight stitch along line. Glue thread ends to back. Score along stitching line on front and back of ornament. Fold angel forward and wings backward along scored line.
- 7. For hanger, insert ends of 8" wire through eyelets on wings and bend ends back over hanger. Attach 5" wire to bottom eyelets in same way. Place spacer bead between pearl beads on head pin. Bend top end of head pin over wire at bottom of ornament until end touches top of bead.
- 1. Personalize ornaments by attaching pretty name tags to hangers.