Creative Cards & Tags
Hot Off The Press
- Cardmaker’s Christmas Creative Pack
- Blank white cards, 5-1/2”x6”, three
- Christmas Creative Kit
- Ink pads: black; brown
- Make-up sponge
- Adhesives: foam tape; vellum dots
- Computer and printer (optional)
- Peace Card
- 1. Cut blank card to 5" square. Cover card with dark blue paper; ink edges black.
- 2. Cut pieces from peace, stars, blue stripe, and light blue textured papers to fill card front. Leaving 1/8" border around and between pieces, adhere pieces to card. Add faux stitching with black pen.
- 3. Cut small light blue square; attach star brad and adhere to center striped block. Add stitching.
- 4. Cut out "Peace" art block and trace onto dark blue paper; cut blue square 1/8" beyond traced line and glue to lower right corner of card. Open card on cutting mat and use craft knife to cut on traced lines.
- 5. Cut 1-15/16"x1-7/8" piece from dark blue paper; ink edges black. Use foam tape to adhere "Peace" art to center. Add stitching. Adhere block inside card behind window.
- ‘Tis The Season Card
- 1. Cut 5"x6-1/2" burgundy stripe piece; add gold brads to corners. With fold at top, adhere paper to card.
- 2. Cut 1"x6-1/2" vellum strip. Apply glue dots to bottom edge and adhere to card, 3/4" from top.
- 3. Cut 3-7/8"x6-1/2" words piece; adhere to card overlapping vellum.
- 4. Write or print "to be jolly" on vellum strip. Attach strip to rounded rectangle tag with glue dots. Attach white flower to tag with gold brad; adhere tag to card.
- 5. For inside of card, cut 1-1/2"x6-1/2" words piece and glue across center.
- Be Merry Card
- 1. With fold at left, trim top corners from card to create tag shape; measure 1-1/2" across and down sides and connect dots. Cover card with red poinsettias paper; trim excess.
- 2. Cut the following paper pieces: 1-1/2"x5" green words; 1/2"x5" Jupiter glimmer; 3-1/2"x5" holly. Ink all paper edges black. Attach red flower to holly paper with green brad. Adhere papers to card as shown.
- 3. Write or print "Be Merry" on red oval tag. Ink edges and add green mini brad to one end. Adhere to card.
- 4. Add red brad to one end of green holly label and adhere to top of tag; trim excess and ink card edges.
- Vintage Stamps Tag
- 1. Cut out large green tag. Use makeup sponge to apply brown ink to tag in circular motion.
- 2. Cut 3"-wide green/gold patterned piece to fit width of tag; ink paper in same way as tag and adhere.
- 3. Cut out red "Merry Christmas" circle tag and red postage stamps. Ink edges of all pieces. Adhere to tag as shown. Add faux zig-zag stitch along patterned paper seams with black pen; add border around red tag.
- 4. Attach gold star brad to top.
- Happy Holidays Tag
- 1. Cut out large blue Christmas words tag; lightly sand edges. Cut 1"-wide snowflake strip and 1-1/2"-wide dark blue strip to fit width of tag; lightly sand edges and adhere layered to bottom of tag.
- 2. Write or print "Happy Holidays" on light blue textured paper. Cut out text, mat with dark blue paper, and sand edges. Adhere to tag.
- 3. Attach large white flower to tag with silver snowflake Brad Buddy and mini brad.
- Tree Tag
- 1. Cut out square Christmas tree art and two small tags; ink edges black.
- 2. Write "To" and "From" messages on tags; attach to larger tag with red brad.
- 3. Insert several red mini brads into tree for ornaments. Add borders to tags with black pen.
- 1. Faux stitching gives cards a warm, quilted look.
- 2. Blossoms add softness and elegance to projects.
- 3. Apply ink with a make-up sponge to impart an aged, vintage feel.
- 4. Sanding paper edges can give cards a wintry touch.