Super Star Magnetic Easel and Card
sizes: easel, 8" tall; card, 3-3/4"x7-1/4"
- Magnetic easel
- Treasures Sage cardstock (WorldWin Papers)
- Haberdashery Collection double-sided patterned (Paper Salon): Multi Bolts; Bold Stripe; Flashcards; Pin Stripe
- Haberdashery Collection Cardstock Alphabet Stickers (Paper Salon)
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpads (Clearsnap): Olive Pastel; Blue Lagoon
- Adhesive-backed magnet sheet (Decorel)
- Craft punches: corner rounder; star (Emagination)
- Royal Coat Découpage Finish (Plaid)
- Optional: Sewing machine and black thread
- 1. Lightly sand surface of easel. Measure front of easel and cut Multi Bolts paper to fit width; cut paper long enough so it can be wrapped smoothly around base of easel to back. Round paper corners with punch if needed.
- 2. Use découpage medium to adhere paper to easel; let dry completely. Sand paper edges.
- 3. Cut "Super Hero" card from Flashcards paper; ink edges. Adhere card to adhesive-backed magnet cut to size.
- 4. Cut circles from magnet sheet and patterned papers; adhere layers and sand edges.
- 1. Cut green cardstock to 7-1/4"x7-1/2"; score and fold in half. Cut 3-1/2"x7" Bold Stripes piece, ink edges blue and adhere to card front.
- 2. Cut four 1-3/8"x3" strips from Pin Stripes paper, ink edges green and adhere across front of card as shown. Apply cardstock stickers to Pin Stripe blocks; if name is shorter or longer than four letters, evenly space letters across card front.
- 3. If desired, zigzag stitch across top of Pin Stripe blocks to add another layer of texture.
- 4. Punch stars from solid sides of patterned papers and adhere to card.
- 1. Use character embellishments (princesses, dinosaurs, etc.) for younger kids who don't play sports yet.
- 2. Use same technique to make quick, cute fridge magnets. Try photo magnets, too.
- 3. Choose team colors for card and frame.