- Tissue paper: red, orange, yellow, purple, green, blue, pink
- Sturdy twigs, 10” lengths, four
- Red leather twine
- 1. Create frame using twigs as shown; center opening should be 6-1/2" square. Adhere all four corners; let dry completely.
- 2. Cut five 3" lengths of twine. Tie twine around each corner joint of frame; set aside remaining length for hanger.
- 3. Cut approximately twenty-two 1/2"x10" strips of paper in assorted colors.
- 4. Wrap end of strip around top twig; adhere into place. Keeping strip taut, wrap other end of strip around bottom twig and adhere. (Note: Strips cannot be too tight or they will rip during weaving.) Continue across frame, leaving 1/8" between strips.
- 5. Weave remaining strips through adhered strips in over-under pattern. When finished, adhere strips to twig frame without wrapping ends.
- 6. Tie remaining twine into loop at top center of frame for hanger.