Pretty Stamped Bird Pots
size 5" tall
- Clay pots, 5” tall
- Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paints (Krylon): Watermelon; Tangerine; All-Purpose White Primer
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Cryogen White; Papaya Puree; Medium Pink; Intense Pink
- Coordinating ribbons
- Corsage stick pins (Darice)
- Craft sticks
- Faux pearl embellishments
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Pretty Birds; Silhouette Blooms; Paisley Backgrounder
- Adirondack Inks (Ranger Industries): Peach Bellini; Shell Pink; Watermelon; Espresso Dye
- Copic Markers
- Dot ‘n Roller Adhesive (Kokuyo Brands)
- Small Corner Rounder (Stampin’ Up!)
- Nestabilies Petite Scalloped Circle Die (Spellbinders)
- Wizard Embossing and Die Cutting System (Spellbinders)
- Clay Pots
- 1. Spray paint pots and saucers several light coats in a well-ventilated area. Let dry.
- 2. Cut 1-1/2"-wide paper strips. Use corner rounder with guard removed or scallop-edge scissors to cut one scalloped edge. Stamp and embellish as desired. Adhere strips to pot rims. Tie ribbon around rims.
- 3. Stamp floral images on white cardstock stamps for background. Stamp birds separately on white cardstock and color with markers. Use die cutting machine to cut scalloped circles around floral images. Cut out birds. Apply desired trims, ribbons, and/or embellishments. Adhere pieces to pots or craft sticks. Color craft sticks with marker to coordinate with pots.
- 1. Cut 4-1/4"x8-1/2" rectangle from Intense Pink cardstock. Score and fold rectangle in half to measure 4-1/4" square card.
- 2. Cut 4" square from Cryogen White and 4-1/8" square Papaya Puree cardstock.
- 3. Stamp floral images in muted shades on white square. Use Watermelon ink to stamp solid bird image over muted florals. Use Espresso ink to stamp "new nest" in lower left corner. Add pearl embellishments.
- 4. Matte white square onto Papaya Puree square, then onto card.
- 5. Accent with ribbon as shown.
- 1. Always place a plastic liner inside pots before placing food inside.