Happy Flowers Table
Environmental Technology, Inc.
Personalize a porch tabletop using your stash of print papers and durable EnviroTex epoxy coating. The design on this table is meant to be playful, so freehand sketch petals and leaves for a natural look.
- Square table, 2’x2’
- Assorted print papers
- Assorted colored tissue paper
- EnviroTex Lite Pour On High Gloss Finish, 16 oz.
- Circle punches, in various sizes
- Heat tool
- Light blue acrylic paint
- Clear-drying glue
- scissors, ruler, pencil, copy paper, digital camera, plastic trash bags (to cover work surface), sandpaper, disposable gloves, drinking straw, foam brush, paint stir stick
- 1. On covered work surface, paint tabletop light blue. Let dry. Tear ragged-edged strips of tissue paper. Adhere strips diagonally across tabletop using glue.
- 2. Freehand draw three different-sized petal shapes on paper. (Note: Petal shapes shown range from 3" to 6".) Trace shapes onto print papers; cut out. Adhere petals to contrasting print paper; let dry 30 minutes. Detail cut around each shape, leaving 1/16" border. Punch out several circles in various colors and sizes for flower centers. Freehand draw two or three different-size leaf shapes on paper. Trace shapes onto print paper; cut out.
- 3. Cut eight 1/2"x12 edging strips and four 1" corner joint circles from paper; set aside.
- 4. Arrange petals, leaves, circles, and strips on tabletop. When satisfied with design, take digital photo to use as reference.
- 5. Adhere pieces to tabletop, starting with bottom layer of paper, making sure edges are flat. If air pockets form, smooth out air and wrinkles using fingers. Let dry.
- 6. Apply several thin layers of glue to tabletop using foam brush. If glue is too thick to spread, dilute with small amount of water. Let dry overnight.
- 7. Cover work area with plastic trash bags. Set table upright on plastic. Wearing gloves, mix EnviroTex Lite following manufacturer's instructions. Pour coating over tabletop; spread gently using foam brush. Allow coating to sit for 20 minutes. Pop bubbles on surface by blowing through drinking straw or using heat tool. Let table sit for two hours, or until EnviroTex Lite stops dripping.
- 8. Scrape drips from underside of table, leaving it upright, using paint stir stick. If EnviroTex Lite hardens, use rough grit sandpaper to remove bumps from underside of table. Let cure completely before using.