Groovy Owl Gift Bag & Card
sizes: bag, 7"x9"; card, 5-1/4"x5-1/4"
- Black gift bag, 7”x9”
- Cardstock (Prism Papers): Oxford White; Desert Coral Medium; Prism Black
- Patterned: Indian Summer Butternut Soufflé (Sassafras Lass); Madeira Island Cebollas (SEI); Mellow Cultured (BasicGrey)
- Black rub-on letters or phrases
- Black buttons, four
- Orange Waxy Flax (Scrapworks)
- Small black safety pin
- Black ink pad
- Cricut Electronic Cutter and George Cartridge (ProvoCraft)
- Cloud Paper Edgers (Fiskars)
- Hole punch, 1/8”
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- 1. Cut black cardstock to 5-1/4"x10-1/2"; score and fold in half. Cut 5" orange card stock square; trim left side with scallopedge scissors. Punch hole in each scallop. Ink edges and adhere square to card.
- 2. Cut 4-1/2"x4-3/4" piece from Cebollas paper, ink edges and adhere to card. Repeat with 4" square of white cardstock. Machine stitch around edge of white square.
- 3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to cut heart and cylinder shapes from Cultured paper. Cut tip from heart and invert to create owl head. Cut two white circles for eyes. Cut two smaller circles and an oval from Butternut Soufflé paper. Ink all paper edges and assemble owl on white cardstock, using photo as guide. Glue buttons to eyes as shown.
- 4. Punch two holes near left edge of card front. Tie waxy flax through holes; wrap ends around pencil to curl.
- 5. Cut small tag shape from orange cardstock; ink edges. Cut small white rectangle to fit tag; ink edges and adhere to tag. Apply rub-on sentiment. Pin tag to waxy flax.
- 1. Cut orange cardstock to 5-1/2"x6-3/4"; trim top edge with scallop-edge scissors. Punch hole in each scallop. Ink edges.
- 2. Cut 5"x6-1/2" piece from Cebollas paper, ink edges and adhere to orange cardstock. Repeat with 4-3/4"x6-1/4" piece of white cardstock. Machine stitch around edge of white piece.
- 3. Repeat Card Step 4, punching holes near top of panel. Adhere panel to bag.
- 4. Hand-draw a branch, two tiny feet and two leaves on cardstock or back of patterned paper; cut out and ink edges. Adhere branch and leaves near bottom of bag as shown.
- 5. Repeat Card Step 3 to create owl. Adhere owl over top of branch. Adhere feet over bottom of body. Apply rub-on sentiment.