Boo Crew Bag & Shaker Tag
Midwest Products Co., Inc.
sizes: bag, 7-1/2"x10"; tag, 3"x4-1/2"
- Orange gift bag
- Aircraft Grade Birch Plywood*, 1/32”x6”x12”
- Cellfoam 88*, 3mm x 11-1/2”x11-1/2”
- Super Sheets PVC*: Clear; Orange
- Black cardstock
- Tissue paper: orange; black
- Halloween Skeletons E-Z Rub-On Transfers (Royal & Langnickel)
- Satin ribbon: orange; black
- Halloween Spangles sequins (Sulyn Industries)
- Orange glass bead mix, 3/0
- Spider Webs Rollagraph Standard Stamp Wheel (Clearsnap)
- Rollagraph Standard Handle (Clearsnap)
- Top Boss Standard Cartridge Embossing Kit (Clearsnap)
- Top Boss Silver Embossing Powder (Clearsnap)
- Lamp Black Americana Acrylic Paint (DecoArt)
- Sizzix Die-Cutting Machine and Dies: Circle Combo Frames; Circles #2; Fun Serif Uppercase B; Super Crescent Tags
- Heat tool
- Soft Grip Paintbrushes (Royal & Langnickel): #10 square shader; 3/4” glaze wash
- Fine-Grit Super Sander*
- Hobby & Craft Ruler*
- Deckle Tear Edger (Fiskars)
- Adhesives (Beacon Adhesives): Zip Dry Paper Glue; Hold the Foam Glue
- Shaker Tag
- 1. Use die-cutting machine to cut large tag from plywood. Paint both sides black using 3/4" wash brush; let dry. Sand and wipe away dust with lint-free cloth; apply second coat and let dry.
- 2. Insert embossing cartridge and Spider Webs wheel into handle; be sure ink cartridge is fully engaged. Keeping wheel flat on stamping surface, practice pulling or pushing technique on scrap paper.
- 3. Place tag on scrap paper. Begin and end off tag for best results, pulling or pushing wheel from one side to the other. Sprinkle ink with embossing powder and heat set. Stamp and emboss back of tag.
- 4. To create shaker window, use largest circle frame die to cut two frames from foam sheet; cut one from orange PVC sheet. Cut third largest circle (not circle frame) from clear PVC.
- 5. Adhere foam circle frames together using foam glue. Glue clear circle to top and orange circle frame around edge. Fill window with beads and sequins; glue window to tag.
- 6. Measure and cut 10" length from each ribbon; thread through hole at top of tag.
- Treat Bag
- 1. Tear a 1-1/4"x7-1/2" black cardstock strip using the papertearing ruler. Stamp and emboss spider webs on one side of strip in same way as shaker tag. Glue strip to bag with paper glue.
- 2. Use die-cutting machine to cut a "B" from foam sheet. Use smallest circle frame die to cut two "O" circles. Use shader brush to paint letters black; let dry.
- 3. Cut desired rubons from sheet. Follow manufacturer's instructions to apply rub-ons to bag front; use photo as placement guide. Using foam glue, adhere die-cut letters to bag front.
- 4. Measure and cut 20" length from each ribbon; tie to bag handles. Fill bag with tissue paper. Expose bag to light for a few minutes to activate glow-in-the-dark properties.