Vintage Halloween Décor
The Dow Chemical Co.
- STYROFOAM sheet, 1/2” thick, 12”x36” (Dow)
- Image Emporium Halloween IV downloadable images* (#IE162) (The Vintage Workshop)
- Cardstock: black; cream; orange
- Decorative papers of choice
- Orange rick rack
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Stickles Glitter Glue: Black Diamond; Icicle (Ranger)
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Craft knife
- Computer and color printer
- 1. Use craft knife to cut three 4"x6" rectangles from STYROFOAM.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to print two Halloween images onto cream cardstock. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim to 3"x4-1/2" rectangles.
- 3. Print remaining image onto cream card stock; use decorative-edge scissors to trim to 3-1/2"x5-1/2" rectangle.
- 4. Cut nine 1/2"x5" strips from papers or cardstock. Adhere strips around STYROFOAM sheet edges. (Note: Splice strips together to fit around block.)
- 5. Cut three 4-3/4"x6-3/4" rectangles from cardstock. Glue rectangles to front of each of three blocks.
- 6. For hangers, cut 1"x4" strips from coordinating papers. Mat strips onto cardstock, leaving, 1/8" decorative edged borders.
- 7. Adhere one side of hanger to each STYROFOAM block, leaving 1" loop to hang ornament.
- 8. Mat vintage images on cardstock and decorative papers; adhere to block fronts. Cut three cardstock rectangles, 1/4" larger than front of each block. Adhere to backs of blocks. Cut three cardstock rectangles 1/4" larger than front of each ornament and adhere to front of each ornament.
- 9. Decorate ornaments with glitter, rick rack, and stars.